Will a GTX 650 / 650 Ti 2GB get bottlenecked by this i5 based system or will I get the 1 GB version

sanudigit

Broken In
HiI have in my mind a rough setup of a rig for moderate gaming and mainly for Web Surfing /multimedia videos /music watching /Ms office work.I5-3570( NON-K) OR I5 3470 ( Any other i5 3rd gen;i7 too expensive)ASUS B75 chipset motherboard ( do not wish to overclock at all and so a cheap average mobo with usb 3.0 and sata 3.0)4GB DDR3 RAM ( might be upgraded to 8 GB if needed).Power supply - whatever is needed as per my GPU requirements.and i am stuck at the GPU choice.My budget is almost 7k to 10K INRNow I have been zeroing in on AMD HD 7750 OR HD 7770 and on the other hand GTX 650 1GB Gddr5 OR GTX 650 Ti 1GB GDDR5 or the other variants for that matter .I am kind of noob and dont have much knowledge about these variants like Boost / OC / AMP / etc. Now guys tell me whether I am correct in my choices in the given budget. In India electronic items prices have gone through the roof after the rupee/dollar fisaco . So i may have to settle for such choices.Actually I was even thinking of the HD 6770 1GB GDDR5 but someone from this forum suggested that it will be waste of money.I have also seen some versions of the above mentoned GPUs with 2GB GDDR5 . Now I am almost settled in on the memory to be GDDR5 . But will the above CPU/MOBO/RAM config allow the full usage of 2 GB GDDR5? I am ready to shell out another Rs 2k to get the 2GB verions if they dont get bottlenecked by the CPU/MOBO/RAM config other wise will go for 1GB.Thank you and counting on inputs from ur end.Any other suggestions for setup are also welcome but no AMD for me.Sanu

vijju6091

Feeling Gravity
Re: Will a GTX 650 / 650 Ti 2GB get bottlenecked by this i5 based system or will I get the 1 GB vers

Yes they can handle the GPU. Get GTX 660 Ti 2 GB If you have budget.
Your processor is quite capable of handling GTX 760 too. don know about board but it should easily handle GTX660 Ti for sure IMO.

rijinpk1

Aspiring Novelist
Re: Will a GTX 650 / 650 Ti 2GB get bottlenecked by this i5 based system or will I get the 1 GB vers

no bottlenecking for sure. if you have not purchased the pc, fill this *www.thinkdigit.com/forum/pc-compon...new-pc-help-answer-these-questions-first.html and post in pc components / configurations to get best suggestion. no need to EOLed 3rd gen intel series.

The Incinerator

Human Spambot

You can go GTX660Ti sli on i5......

Top Bottom