Wifi Router With USB

crazypal24x7

Broken In
Well here's another query abt router

Well I'm planning to buy a Wifi Router with good Coverage,should cover 2 BHK flat .
for future safe I need a USB port too. What are my options.
About budget, well cheapest/reasonable available in de market

Few queries
1> Does going for 802.11n worth and how much is the diff in coverage (wrt 2BHK, any one experienced it ?) ?

2> 2.4 and 5 GHz ? what all this is abt and wht diff does it make ?

3> External antenna are good ? seen router with both 1 and 2 antennas. which is good and why ? Do multiple antenns have better coverage/performance ?

4>

webgenius

Ambassador of Buzz
Asus RT-N13U is excellent for its price range. But however it falls short of your requirement since its range is nothing much to talk about.
I would suggest Asus RT-N16. It costs about 6k. Has 2 USB ports, comes with in-built download manager, and has superb range.

1) Better go for N since your new device will be future proof at least for a short while in the future, and you get better speeds over B and G.

2) Few devices support both 2.4GHz and 5GHz channels (dual-mode). Few household appliances like cordless phone use 2.4 GHz channel. Hence in that case you can reduce interference and increase throughtput by using 5GHz channel.

3) External antennae are supposed to have better range with in-built antennae. Moreover withexternal antennae, you can upgrade your antenaae by purchasing a new one with more dBi to increase the throughput.

Top Bottom