wifi router installation problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

rohanisbusy

for e-waste use SHIFT+DEL
hi ppl....

i have a linksys router wrt54g2 its a cisco based wifi router which i was using myself for connecting to internet using airtel broadband in bangalore ...

i had set it up for connecting with wired line and wirelessly but now im shifted to lucknow here there isnt an option of getting airtewl broadband so i had to take a local broadband which belongs to APEX they have a an antenna installed at my home... through whicch i access internet...

the worst thing abt it is that its an authenticated sort of internet which requires username and password to work.....

now im unable to set up the wired sharing or wireless sharing of internet ...as soon as i plug my wifi router the net isnt working .......

but when i connect directly it starts working bcoz a page opens up which says login name and password...im highly confused now what to do...please suggest me something...is it something of mac address i doubt it is bcoz ity works on any laptop which i connect to directly....

the person inchatrge to it hardly hjas any knowledge abt wi fi router......

he just knew its not dhcp enabled.....

suggest a solution

razial

Broken In
Hi,

U need to be more specific as pc connected straight to ISP, u get a username and password page open, but is it a dialup conn window?
and do u have a modem given by ur ISP

to config ur wifi router
checked the default gateway of ur pc when its connected with router port 1,2,3 or 4
that's the ip address of router
Ex- default is 192.168.1.1, put this ip in IE or firefox in address bar(no http or www)
default username is blank, passowrd admin
once its open

1> if u are able to go online straight from ISP without username and passowrd typed while connecting to internet, select the internet conn type to autoconfig DHCP

2>if the username or password is not config on modem or ur using dial up
use internet conn type to PPPoE

whatever the conn type click save settings on bottom

one exeption, if ur ISP is giving IP in the same range as 192.168.1.1, u have to change the ip address of router to different range like 192.168.5.1

whatever the case do this : on setup > mac adress clone > enable > click on clone pc's mac > save settings

u sd be getting internet from ur router

Ramakrishnan

The Researcher
Some Companies register the mac address of the router supplied by them preventing users from sharing the net with other PC's.

desiibond

Bond, Desi Bond!
^^What does that mean? This guy is using Linksys router and not anyother router. And which companies employ the procedure of not allowed routers that they sold to block other ISPs network?

razial

Broken In
Hi,

As i know, some companies do use mac address on main pc for internet
mac address needs to be cloned on linksys router as i gave procedure above
some times if u need to use a router u need to get the mac address of router registered with ISP

but the above happens in very rare cases, if it happens think u are going have hell of time config ur router

in india ISP tech people have a tendency of not giving complete info
I am using airtel, while airtel guy was config the modem, the config page he refers to be on internet, what sh i say on his knowledge:x

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom