wifi router for home

anudeepr12

Broken In
I need a wifi router for my home. I'll be using it for downloads and streaming. I have shortlisted the following 2

1) Netgear JNR1010 N15
Netgear JNR1010 N150 Wireless Router - Netgear: Flipkart.com search&query=netgear

2)TP-LINK TL-WR841N 300Mbps Wireless

TP-LINK TL-WR841N 300Mbps Wireless N Router - TP-LINK: Flipkart.com

The tp-link one is a 300mbps one while the other is a 150 mbps one.the maximum speed my ISP provides is 25mbps. i am using the 20mbps plan.So, when i connect to the router,will the speed be less.i also have a pc(doesn't support wifi) .if i share the connection with my pc(with a cable) throgh the router,will the internet speed be slow.

Also is tp-link a good and reliable brand.If not shud i go for netgear.

rakesh_ic

Cyborg Agent
I need a wifi router for my home. I'll be using it for downloads and streaming. I have shortlisted the following 2

1) Netgear JNR1010 N15
Netgear JNR1010 N150 Wireless Router - Netgear: Flipkart.com search&query=netgear

2)TP-LINK TL-WR841N 300Mbps Wireless

TP-LINK TL-WR841N 300Mbps Wireless N Router - TP-LINK: Flipkart.com

The tp-link one is a 300mbps one while the other is a 150 mbps one.the maximum speed my ISP provides is 25mbps. i am using the 20mbps plan.So, when i connect to the router,will the speed be less.i also have a pc(doesn't support wifi) .if i share the connection with my pc(with a cable) throgh the router,will the internet speed be slow.

Also is tp-link a good and reliable brand.If not shud i go for netgear.

To answer your query, wired connections are the most reliable and has the least data loss compared to wireless connections.. So connecting your pc with the lan cable is the most sensible thing to do.

TP link routers are good and it wont directly effect your speeds..

Top Bottom