WIFI help.........

abhisek1989

Broken In
Hello friends, I am using BSNL internet with only adsl modem, and now I want to share my net through wifi with my mobile to download & update apps and today in market there are many options for those and its making me confuse can anyone tell me what should i buy WiFi card/ adsl+modem/ WiFi router/ WiFi usb adapter. which model will be good, around/ within 1K.

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
within 1k your only option is this wifi router:
TP-LINK TL-WR740N 150Mbps Wireless N Router - TP-LINK: Flipkart.com
you have to connect it with your adsl modem to setup a wifi network.there are plenty of guides available on net about how to connect modem & wifi router & also in this forum search in networking section & broadband section.

Garv1386

Journeyman
within 1k your only option is this wifi router:
TP-LINK TL-WR740N 150Mbps Wireless N Router - TP-LINK: Flipkart.com
you have to connect it with your adsl modem to setup a wifi network.there are plenty of guides available on net about how to connect modem & wifi router & also in this forum search in networking section & broadband section.

I have better potion for u a world trusted brand at great price

Netgear WNR612 Combo of Netgear Wireless-N 150 Router (WNR612) - Netgear: Flipkart.com

Garv1386

Journeyman
u already have modem so the best option will be the buy a router & connect ur modem to the router this netgear that i have suggested is easy to configure all u need to do is plug ethernet cable from LAN(modem) to WAN(router) open router ui follow this link Configuring your NETGEAR router for Cable Internet Connection

OP
A

abhisek1989

Broken In
thankx garv, but can you tell me if i install an wifi card will it be good option as it will not take space also, and no extra wiring

Garv1386

Journeyman
thankx garv, but can you tell me if i install an wifi card will it be good option as it will not take space also, and no extra wiring

I m sorry but can u explain what u r referring to as wifi card, according to me solution to ur problem is buying router.

OP
A

abhisek1989

Broken In
i mean like this
TP-LINK TL-WN781ND 150Mbps Wireless PCI Express Network Nic - TP-LINK: Flipkart.com

TP-LINK TL-WN851ND Wireless N PCI Adapter Nic - TP-LINK: Flipkart.com

Garv1386

Journeyman
i mean like this
TP-LINK TL-WN781ND 150Mbps Wireless PCI Express Network Nic - TP-LINK: Flipkart.com

TP-LINK TL-WN851ND Wireless N PCI Adapter Nic - TP-LINK: Flipkart.com

These card will enable u to get wifi on ur computer but u will still require a router & if u want wireless on ur computer better buy a USB wifi adapter

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
wifi router--->needed to create a wifi network
wifi card/usb wifi adapter--->needed for desktop to receive wifi signals from wifi router.it is better to buy usb wifi adapter as it is simpler to use.

OP
A

abhisek1989

Broken In
after searching all the details finally decided to buy TD-W8961ND - Welcome to TP-LINK (TD-W8961ND) or *www.tp-link.com/en/products/details/?model=TD-W8151N (TD-W8951ND) which one is it a good product to buy and worth @ 1590/- or 1361/- I will use it in my home and the area of my home is 1000 sq ft, how much area will it be working.

Last edited:
Top Bottom