WiFi and SIP Advice!

azef

Right off the assembly line
Greetings!

I have a BSNL WiFi connection with the Wireless router, and to that I connect using a LAN Cable a SIP phone (Grandstream 1200).

Now, I want to connect the SIP phone to the internet at a location away from the router where I can not run a LAN Cable. I want to know is it possible to somehow wireless connect the SIP phone using an adapter that connects to the wifi and then I plug in (?) a LAN cable to the SIP phone?

The SIP phone only has LAN RJ socket. I could perhaps do it through a PC, but that would then kill the use of having a SIP phone.

Any help, please.

mithun_mrg

Cyborg Agent
@azef welcome to TDF connecting two routers wirelessly is not possible but connectings two access points is please verify that ur router can run in the Access point mode

OP
A

azef

Right off the assembly line
Thank you Mithun for the welcome!

I have to check that, and on top of that figure out how to check that! I have a BSNL ZTE 831 AII WiFi modem.

Maybe I should rephrase my question: is it possible to wireless connect a SIP phone to a WiFi network?

Thanks for the inputs!

mithun_mrg

Cyborg Agent
the only way possible according to me is through two access points one in ap mode other in reapter mode & the phone connected to one Ap & bsnl router connected to the other AP

Top Bottom