Wierd problem with Friend's BSNL broadband.

SaiyanGoku

kamehameha!!
My friend uses BSNL supplied router with the broadband connection.
Now, the problem is that the connection is not getting detected on both mine and my friend's laptops having windows 7, although if I boot into linux mint, the connection is dected and works fine. Other android devices are also able to connect. I don't think he misconfigured the settings. what could be the problem?

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
post modem's lan settings like DHCP etc & when connected to modem in windows 7 run ipconfig /all in command prompt window & post the results here.

OP
SaiyanGoku

SaiyanGoku

kamehameha!!
post modem's lan settings like DHCP etc & when connected to modem in windows 7 run ipconfig /all in command prompt window & post the results here.

But, the problem is the connection isn't detected in any windows os, I even tried it after installing XP on my friend's laptop. Only Linux (mint, puppy, android) are able to detect and connect to it. Also, he doesn't knows where the modem is installed. :(

I'll ask my friend to get some other router and see if that works.

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
what do you mean by connection isn't detected & doesn't know where modem is installed?you mean after connecting lan wire from modem to windows system network icon in system tray shows a red X.anyway i am interested in ipconfig command results which will run whether network is connected or not.

OP
SaiyanGoku

SaiyanGoku

kamehameha!!
what do you mean by connection isn't detected & doesn't know where modem is installed?you mean after connecting lan wire from modem to windows system network icon in system tray shows a red X.anyway i am interested in ipconfig command results which will run whether network is connected or not.

He's using Wifi to connect to the network.

the only things visible in my friends entire setup is the Wifi router and cables that run in the house from an unknown place.

What I meant earlier was that the wifi network isn't detectable from any Windows OS, while it can be detected as well as connected through any Linux PC or android phone/tab.

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
maybe some wifi password(present or not doesn't matter) setting(encryption type etc) is incompatible with windows default password authentication.

OP
SaiyanGoku

SaiyanGoku

kamehameha!!
Thanks whitestar_999 and xs.dhaval. My friend called BSNL's CC and they somehow fixed the problem. Mods please close the thread.

Top Bottom