Wierd mouse pointer movement

Status
Not open for further replies.

webgenius

Ambassador of Buzz
I have a Samsung Anyzen optical mouse. Many a times the mouse pointer keeps moving on its own. What's the problem?

dOm1naTOr

Wise Old Owl
Their optical sensor is not upto the mark. Thats why many recoments laser mouse for gamers. They move only according to mouse movements.

@sam_1710
U can try some tricks. Open the mouse(if warranty is over) and wrap alluminium foils around the LED(cigarette al foils would do). This way weve prevented light from escaping and u get a lil more precision.

If ur a gamer then u can add required weights by just attaching metal screws with cello tapes inside ur mice.

A similar trick was explained on some old issue of SKOAR.

s18000rpm

ಠ_ಠ
use a good Mouse Pad, i had this problem when i used to have TopGear (Magazine's) Mouse Pad.

that mouse pad was RED (majority of its surface).

dOm1naTOr

Wise Old Owl
U can have entry level laser mice starting from 450 from brands like Tech-Com or Intex.
If u have some 850 bucks, then u can get an iball 5 button 1600 cpi laser mouse, which i too have got. Its really nice. Ive used 3k+ muuses like G5 and MX 518. The only downside of this iball one is it has no onthefly res changer. Comfortwise its as gud as G5.

Orelse u can try changing mouse pads. The below pic is of 40 bucks fine cloth pads with rubber cushions as base. They are really nice. I have used expensive mouse pads [ from razer on my friends place]. Camparing this with that, its not that bad. Good for an avg-pro gamer, but not for enthusiastic.

*img128.imageshack.us/img128/9951/dsc03920mt1.th.jpg

Stick

Ambassador of Buzz
I have MS Basic Optical Mouse (Laser Mouse), some time Pointer Dance (moving) so faster that I can't trace (see) the pointer for 4-5 seconds, after that I find Pointer in any side of Screen Corner.

I think this is default FEATURE of MS Basic Optical Mouse:D as it's my 2nd Mouse, I have Win98 OS.

Last edited:

dOm1naTOr

Wise Old Owl
@Stick
Also laser mouse wud work even if we lift the mice at some 1 inch heigh unlike optical which stops functioning if we lift it above .5cm. So first we must get used to it[laser] as well ofter lift the mouse to place it in centre or at comfortable positions and at that time the pointer begins dansing.

Try using gud mouse pads.

@sam_1710
If ur using a laser mice then the truth is all colours are similar for a laser mouse as its scanning minute details of the surface than the outer surface. So all colours are same for lasers. But for optical mouse colour makes much much difference.

aquamatrix

Journeyman
^^ that is the case only with the iball and the other el cheapo laser mices, which have not so magnificent laser engine.

if you go for g5,g7 or one of the laser mices from razer no such problems arise.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom