Widest range wireless router?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ramborums

Broken In
Could someone recommend the widest range wireless router to be used for internet access in a large house? Around 1500 sft into 2 floors. I already tried to use a Dlink DI524 wireless router with a DWL2100AP in repeater mode. Didnt work for me despite various attempts with Dlink support for many months.

Now I dont mind dumping this pair and going for an alternative that works.

Thanks for any inputs.
Ramesh

devil_me

Broken In
*www.bountifulwifi.com/products/bountiful-router.html
Its given in the specification that this router can catch a wireless lan at a distance of 1/4th of a mile and hear the same another router at a distance of even half mile away.
This should b sufficient to you I guess. But I don't know about its availability in india...

Liggy

Is actually a real word..
yeah it all sounds great but you need to remember interference. I'm sure D-link explained to you about this. the repeater causes interference as well. there are a lot of things that generate a 2.4 Ghz frequency. do you live in a large populated area? how many of your neighbours have wireless connections? sooooo many factors!!! Also I believe that is one of the older D-Link routers ( I know cuz I have one kickin around somewhere), is there a particular reason you want wireless as apposed to wired (which would be faster then wireless)???

devil_me

Broken In
Liggy said:
yeah it all sounds great but you need to remember interference. I'm sure D-link explained to you about this. the repeater causes interference as well. there are a lot of things that generate a 2.4 Ghz frequency. do you live in a large populated area? how many of your neighbours have wireless connections? sooooo many factors!!! Also I believe that is one of the older D-Link routers ( I know cuz I have one kickin around somewhere), is there a particular reason you want wireless as apposed to wired (which would be faster then wireless)???

Yea, you need to think about it ramborums

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom