gagan007

Uhu, Not Gonna Happen!
Please invest a little more and get a Linksys router. Model will depend on how big your home is and how much coverage do you want to get. D-Link, Belkin are good for a single/double room only. Once out of this perimeter you will cry for decent reception of signals..

knight17

In the zone
Asus RTN16

I would say go for Asus RTN16.

*www.asus.com/websites/global/products/WAa6AQFncrceRBEo/P_500.jpg

I am planning to get one. You can install DD-WRT or Tomato on this one, has 32MB ROM, 128 MB RAM and a 500 Mhz Processor. You can even make it a standalone torrent download client without even turning your machine *on*, or install lots of other applications. You can also add a HDD and make it an NAS. It got three antennas too!

Nothing in my knowledge beats it. Superb product!

Last edited:

knight17

In the zone
Then Asus RTN16 is not an option. If you've both ADSL and WiFi you can avoid your modem and connect directly to the modem router. The one I mentioned above doesn't have a built-in modem, so if I am using that, I'd have to plug it into my BSNL dabba modem first! If you get one with built-in modem you can avoid that.

I think it is called bridging or something. Guys, correct me if I am wrong :)

my budget is around 1-2K

PLS also tell wats the benefit of getting both ADSL & wifi both...

knight17

In the zone
Maybe you could try Netgear WNR2000 or D-Link DIR-615 I think it'll stay in your price range and both seems to be good.

I think you can get both under INR 2.5K

Top Bottom