WI FI ROUTER PROBLEM

Status
Not open for further replies.

rohanisbusy

for e-waste use SHIFT+DEL
hi ppl....

i have a linksys router wrt54g2 its a cisco based wifi router which i was using myself for connecting to internet using airtel broadband in bangalore ...

i had set it up for connecting with wired line and wirelessly but now im shifted to lucknow here there isnt an option of getting airtewl broadband so i had to take a local broadband which belongs to APEX they have a an antenna installed at my home... through whicch i access internet...

the worst thing abt it is that its an authenticated sort of internet which requires username and password to work.....

now im unable to set up the wired sharing or wireless sharing of internet ...as soon as i plug my wifi router the net isnt working .......

but when i connect directly it starts working bcoz a page opens up which says login name and password...im highly confused now what to do...please suggest me something...is it something of mac address i doubt it is bcoz ity works on any laptop which i connect to directly....

the person inchatrge to it hardly hjas any knowledge abt wi fi router......

he just knew its not dhcp enabled.....

suggest a solution

sakumar79

Technomancer
Option 1: Check your router settings by logging into the router login page (may be 192.168.0.1) and see if there are settings for entering the username and password...
Option 2: Get a second LAN port with a PCI card (local cards are as cheap as 200 bucks, even branded ones like Dlink and Linksys should cost less than 1k) and connect the modem directly to the system and enable sharing on the system... Then, connect through the system for the other laptop, etc...

Arun

akshayf

Right off the assembly line
hi guys! I recently purchased a Nokia e63 and i want to connect it to the Internet through wireless LAN through my BSNL router. The model no. of the router is "wa3002g1". Whenever i try to connect my mobile to the web through the router the mobile shows a "no gateway reply" error. When i use this router to connect to the internet through my computer i have to provide my dataone username and password and then click on the "connect" button. Hope this information is enough. Please tell me the necessary settings i have to make in the modem or my phone. please help!
THANKS

Aspire

Padawan
hi guys! I recently purchased a Nokia e63 and i want to connect it to the Internet through wireless LAN through my BSNL router. The model no. of the router is "wa3002g1". Whenever i try to connect my mobile to the web through the router the mobile shows a "no gateway reply" error. When i use this router to connect to the internet through my computer i have to provide my dataone username and password and then click on the "connect" button. Hope this information is enough. Please tell me the necessary settings i have to make in the modem or my phone. please help!
THANKS

Mobile Problem?
Dunno
I use the same router though with my PC :grin:

OP
R

rohanisbusy

for e-waste use SHIFT+DEL
thqnks for the help..i got the solution as i had to clone my pc mac address which i found under router page...

admin please close teh thread:)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom