wi fi router/modem for bsnl landline bbnd conection

OP
A

andy_65_in

Padawan
get version 3 of w8968. check that in specifications. i am using the same since march without any single problem so far though i was told by the airtel service engineer that there is problem with it every month. i have version 2 of it, bought from snapdeal. if flipkart sells version 3, get it (preferably from ws_retail)
-Hi vidhu it seems that this tp link model is no more in production but snapdeal is still selling it-can i buy with them-are they reliable. i believe you brought from them.the usb version(version 2 ) has what advantages over version 1-sorry for repeating my query. i only use bsnl bbnd on landline

SaiyanGoku

kamehameha!!
-Hi vidhu it seems that this tp link model is no more in production but snapdeal is still selling it-can i buy with them-are they reliable. i believe you brought from them.the usb version(version 2 ) has what advantages over version 1-sorry for repeating my query. i only use bsnl bbnd on landline

dude, READ!!

*www.digit.in/forum/hardware-q/1865...e-bbnd-conection-post2152425.html#post2152425

*www.digit.in/forum/hardware-q/1865...e-bbnd-conection-post2153015.html#post2153015

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
what the fuss all about v1, v2 and v3 ? :D If a person got the v3 version just by ordering 1 month back 99% chances are andy_65_in will also get the v3 from FK or at-least the v2. Most sellers do have only the latest version.

D-link 2750U also works ok with BSNL so either way Op can't go wrong.

vidhubhushan

Alakh Niranjan
fk had a lot of stock of version 1 & less stock of 2 and they told few people (including me) that they have version 1 only or at times told that it is a mix and they will not select by checking so it depends upon your luck. snapdeal had version bought by many. some time back fl sold version 3 also but it seems right now its again back to same old mixture :D

OP
A

andy_65_in

Padawan
got my version 3 of tp link w 8968 today from flipkart.it has a smallish installation cd- i hope it works on a cd writer.anybody who can help me with the installation.thanks

rbp45

Broken In
got my version 3 of tp link w 8968 today from flipkart.it has a smallish installation cd- i hope it works on a cd writer.anybody who can help me with the installation.thanks

How can I know the version of TP-LINK TD-W8968 ? Can you upload an image here.
Can you give the seller name of Flipkart.

OP
A

andy_65_in

Padawan
V3 is writen on the box as also the modem-the seller is WS Retail, mumbai.spk to flipkart on their tollfree when u order this-i requested for a v3

ashs1

Padawan

The CD didn't help me much..
Do this : 1
1. Go to 192.168.1.1 from any browser
2. type username and password as admin.
3. Select Quick installation option & follow the On-screen steps.

Version no. is mentioned under the router itself

OP
A

andy_65_in

Padawan
how to configure tp link w 8968 with bsnl-any instructional video or link.there are some but they are confusing especially about the initial part of configuring

Last edited:

prateek_san

Phenom II X4 920 Owner
how to configure tp link w 8968 with bsnl-any instructional video or link.there are some but they are confusing especially about the initial part of configuring

*www.youtube.com/watch?v=H0UQ4fhuVWs

connect the modem via LAN cable
Goto 192.168.1.1
username: admin
password: admin

on left click on "Quick Setup":> next
select Choose Operation mode : ADSL Modem Router Mode :> next
*app.box.com/s/rxnqnleb8441cfhj0km1
choose india
ISP: BSNL
enter you bsnl username and password
check MTU value as 1492, next
setup the wifi if you need and thats it.

Last edited:

Dr. House

No Regrets
I want to buy the same thing for my bsnl broadband connection. Tell me the difference between v2 and v3 models of TP-LINK TD-W8968 router with modem.

OP
A

andy_65_in

Padawan
got a techo who configured both my modems -ie reconfigured my old siemens sl 2_141 whcih has taken off with a bang on wi fi and also put my only smartphone on wifi.but astonishingly though i did configure the new tp w 8968 and it shows connected( done using quick guide) on wi fi the speed is slow.what could be the problem.please help.really curse these bsnl chaps-had they configured my old siemens properly wudnt have to get a new tp link which too now hangs up on wi fi.hats off to siemens-working since 2007.PS-

Last edited:

Dr. House

No Regrets
I asked flipkart customer care and they said they can not provide me information regarding to version of model TP-LINK TD-W8968 300 Mbps Wireless N USB ADSL2 Modem Router - TP-LINK : Flipkart.com it has written 3dbi in connectivity specs. According to flipkart cc I will get the product of this specs, can't sure about the version. Should I cancel my order or not?

OP
A

andy_65_in

Padawan
I asked flipkart customer care and they said they can not provide me information regarding to version of model TP-LINK TD-W8968 300 Mbps Wireless N USB ADSL2 Modem Router - TP-LINK : Flipkart.com it has written 3dbi in connectivity specs. According to flipkart cc I will get the product of this specs, can't sure about the version. Should I cancel my order or not?
-have u got the td link or not.

Dr. House

No Regrets
No It has not been shipped. I ordered yesterday though. They customer care can't answer me about the version or manufacturing date of this model. On the official website it is clearly written connectivity strength is 5 dBi but on flipkart 3dBi and customer care saying you will get the product as mentioned in specs of flipkart.
Should I cancel this TP-Link and order D-Link model? You too facing problem in this model. D-Link and Netgear are bigger brand I think.

OP
A

andy_65_in

Padawan
my tp link is working better now-u will get a version 3 without doubt.if u dont want any other version please open the package and see on the reverse-you can see the version written-flipkart does take back things

- - -
Device Info

Quick Setup

Operation Mode

Advanced Setup

IPTV

Wireless

Guest Network

USB Settings

Diagnostics

Management
Logout

this is my readout on tp w 8968-is the line quality ok. also i havent configured anything else except quick setup and wi fi settings.if i am required to do anything please help me please comment

Dr. House

No Regrets
flipkart says that they don't take returns for this product as it doesn't comes in 30 days return policy. Maybe because a lot of people returned their version 1.

- - - Updated - - -

Thanks for giving me hope that I will get version 3. So not canceling order.

- - - Updated - - -

They send me mail last night:
We are happy you have chosen to shop with Flipkart.com. We regret to inform you that our sellers have a mixed stocks of version and hence we cannot confirm on the version you would get during delivery.
Should I cancel or not?

vidhubhushan

Alakh Niranjan
3dbi means it is version 1

Version 2 has 5dbi.

snapdeal has Version 2. and flipkart sometime back had even version 3 but the Intelligent guys have mixed up the whole thing and they say "We don't know what you will get." and they also confirm (told me and few others) that "we have version 1"

flipkart says that they don't take returns for this product as it doesn't comes in 30 days return policy. Maybe because a lot of people returned their version 1.

- - - Updated - - -

Thanks for giving me hope that I will get version 3. So not canceling order.

- - - Updated - - -

They send me mail last night:
We are happy you have chosen to shop with Flipkart.com. We regret to inform you that our sellers have a mixed stocks of version and hence we cannot confirm on the version you would get during delivery.
Should I cancel or not?

Top Bottom