wi fi router/modem for bsnl landline bbnd conection

andy_65_in

Padawan
please suggest a good router/modem with wi fi-want to use my lappie as also my smartphones.should be compatible with bsnl broadband.budget Rs 2000.00

OP
A

andy_65_in

Padawan
where can i buy it from-flipkart sells it for 1800.00 and a authorised dealer for 2300.00 but i read in its reviews in flipkart that it has some technical issues as being sold from there-what is to be done.have you used it with bsnl

vidhubhushan

Alakh Niranjan
get version 3 of w8968. check that in specifications. i am using the same since march without any single problem so far though i was told by the airtel service engineer that there is problem with it every month. i have version 2 of it, bought from snapdeal. if flipkart sells version 3, get it (preferably from ws_retail)

OP
A

andy_65_in

Padawan
spoke 2 flipkart -they say one can get version 1 or 2 either of it but they cant select it for everyone hence its your luck what you get.what about d link models

Last edited:

SaiyanGoku

kamehameha!!
+1 to W8968 :D

- - - Updated - - -

call CC again to get the V3 else get V2 from snapdeal

W8961ND is like W8968 without the USB port. so unless usb is necessary, you can go with W8961ND also.

SaiyanGoku

kamehameha!!
You can use the usb port for networked printer, networked storage, connect a dongle to use as a 3g USB modem etc.
i'm using w8968 bought from snapdeal and it works fine on bsnl.

OP
A

andy_65_in

Padawan
You can use the usb port for networked printer, networked storage, connect a dongle to use as a 3g USB modem etc.
i'm using w8968 bought from snapdeal and it works fine on bsnl.
-hi saiyan which version did u get from snapdeal-v1 or v2. i want to use it with my lappie and max 3 wi fi phones/-which version should i go for

Last edited:

prateek_san

Phenom II X4 920 Owner
get it from Flipkart they are selling v3 @ Rs.1800. I purchased it some 20 days back for my bsnl connection.

TP-LINK TD-W8968 300 Mbps Wireless N USB ADSL2 Modem Router - TP-LINK : Flipkart.com

vidhubhushan

Alakh Niranjan
the link of flipkart given by prateek_san says - Antenna of 3dbi so it is version 1. though they had Version 3 as someone bought from them only a month back.
its available on ebay too

OP
A

andy_65_in

Padawan
email sent to tp link-they told me to buy this from flipkart:lol: who will again offer a v1 or v2-what are the capabilities of v1 or v2.ebay has a v3

vidhubhushan

Alakh Niranjan
v1 has 3dbi antenna and v2 has 5dbi. don't know about ebay. stopped purchasing from them long back as i faced problems with ebay people though the seller fully supported.

OP
A

andy_65_in

Padawan
vidhu i am i touch with tp link distributirs also-they asked me to wait for 2 weeks-is the v2 ok for bsnl bbnd.any other tp link modem of similar price and capability

SaiyanGoku

kamehameha!!
vidhu i am i touch with tp link distributirs also-they asked me to wait for 2 weeks-is the v2 ok for bsnl bbnd.any other tp link modem of similar price and capability

*www.digit.in/forum/hardware-q/1865...e-bbnd-conection-post2152366.html#post2152366

*www.digit.in/forum/hardware-q/1865...e-bbnd-conection-post2152425.html#post2152425

vidhubhushan

Alakh Niranjan
^ +1
|
w8961nd if you don't need usb. i bought it as i might relocate to some place where there is no wired connection so i might switch back to a wireless data card which i can use with this.

Top Bottom