robinjohnson17

Right off the assembly line
Hi All,

Good morning..!!! This is my first post on digit.

Below is the issue I am facing. Can asomeone help me out.

I do not have wifi at home but a wired connection for internet with unlimited bandwidth. I recently bought a galaxy tab p3110. Since I do not have wifi and I wanted to connect to internet, I installed "Connectify" software on my latop to create a virtual hotspot. After successful creation of the Hotspot, I coonected my new tab and my phone (HTC Desire HD) to wi-fi hotspot and both connected to the network, however both keep disconnecting and reconnecting frequently from the network. the lag between disconnect and reconnect seems to vary every time.

I have thought of some options like:

1. Reverse tethering (but for that I need to root my tab which means my tab's warrenty goes void and chances are there that it can turn into a brick.!!!)
2. Connecting to internet via Bluetooth but I dont seem to get any information from internet as to how to go about it.
3. Connecting my tab to PC via usb and using internet like in my HTC where I have the option of Internet pass-through and I just have to connect my HTC to latptop and switch the option on and BINGO..!
4. Buy a wi-fi router (which I do not know whether or not will solve this issue of mine and plus it will cost me another Rs. 1500/-)

So does anyone have any nother solution or any other thinkin or modification to the above thoughts?

Hope I am not asking for tooooo much...!!! :lol:

Thanks

rakesh_ic

Cyborg Agent
Hi All,

Good morning..!!! This is my first post on digit.

Below is the issue I am facing. Can asomeone help me out.

I do not have wifi at home but a wired connection for internet with unlimited bandwidth. I recently bought a galaxy tab p3110. Since I do not have wifi and I wanted to connect to internet, I installed "Connectify" software on my latop to create a virtual hotspot. After successful creation of the Hotspot, I coonected my new tab and my phone (HTC Desire HD) to wi-fi hotspot and both connected to the network, however both keep disconnecting and reconnecting frequently from the network. the lag between disconnect and reconnect seems to vary every time.

I have thought of some options like:

1. Reverse tethering (but for that I need to root my tab which means my tab's warrenty goes void and chances are there that it can turn into a brick.!!!)
2. Connecting to internet via Bluetooth but I dont seem to get any information from internet as to how to go about it.
3. Connecting my tab to PC via usb and using internet like in my HTC where I have the option of Internet pass-through and I just have to connect my HTC to latptop and switch the option on and BINGO..!
4. Buy a wi-fi router (which I do not know whether or not will solve this issue of mine and plus it will cost me another Rs. 1500/-)

So does anyone have any nother solution or any other thinkin or modification to the above thoughts?

Hope I am not asking for tooooo much...!!! :lol:

Thanks

The best (but expensive) way is to buy a router. This will help you to free your laptop too from the wires and dont you think its better to have a portable lappy than a wired one?? :p

Vignesh B

Youngling
This is your best option. +1 for TL WR740N

1. Reverse tethering (but for that I need to root my tab which means my tab's warranty goes void and chances are there that it can turn into a brick.!!!)
Your worries are justifiable. But you can always go back to stock before going for warranty. You will brick only if you don't follow the tutorial to the word. Otherwise its safe.

2. Connecting to internet via Bluetooth but I don't seem to get any information from internet as to how to go about it.
Not worth the hassle.

Viable option. But it prevents mobility. You are not going to use the tab at a same place in your house.

OP
R

robinjohnson17

Right off the assembly line
Hi rakesh_ic, whitestar_999 & Vignesh B,

Thanks for your responses. Appriciate your help.:razz:

Whitestar_999 / Vignesh B,

May be this is a very dumb question to ask however still trying my luck:-?. I have never bought a router before and as suggested by you guys, I'll be buying TL WR740N (router), however how did you arrive at this router as in do you look at some specifications for the same before buying the router? And is there anything like this router can be used with any ISP:|?

Vignesh B,

You had stated "But you can always go back to stock before going for warranty" when I told you about the rooting of the device. Could you please tell me whta you mean? Are you reffering to something like a system restore or backup of the original content? If so could you tell me how do I go about it or refer me to some link where I could get detailed info as to how to do so?

Thanks once again....:-D

Top Bottom