Wi-Fi doesn't have a valid IP configuration error

Status
Not open for further replies.

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
Have you still not learned the lesson from last time disaster? Unless you are sure & have researched thoroughly, avoid trying any "fixes" which involves command prompts & registry. Search for your files, maybe they have been relocated or maybe it has something to do with access rights caused by this new admin acc. Win 10 home version doesn't have group policy editor.

I strongly suggest you to start learning system imaging software like macrium reflect free.
*www.tenforums.com/tutorials/61026-backup-restore-macrium-reflect.html

OP
B

billubakra

Conversation Architect
@whitestar_999

Want to delete the highlighted user account

I have to log into the admin account everytime if some apps are blocked. How to delete this admin account which I don't need so that the main account with the admin rights?

Edit-
Admin account deleted via the cmd command although it is mentioned that is it is not for Windows 10 Home Edition, method one
*www.technipages.com/windows-administrator-account-login-screen

Still getting this error for many installers

How to fix the same?

Last edited:

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
Copy/backup all user data from your admin account to a different drive. Put a password on "Administrator" acc & then login using this Administrator acc & delete your admin acc. Use this Administrator acc for the time being.

OP
B

billubakra

Conversation Architect
@whitestar_999
Sorry for the late reply, wasn't well. The system was fine for the last couple of days after the reset but the same problem started today. Windows 21H1 update, KB4023057, installed on 20.07.21 and KB5004237 auto installed on 21.07.21. Current OS build 19043.1110

I was installing softwares one by one just to be sure and everything worked. Installed Tunnel Bear vpn yesterday and everything was fine. But when I booted today the same problem started though it showed me ipv4 address in the properties. Diagnosed and the same error was there that wifi doesn't have a valid ip configuration. Uninstalled Tunnel Bear and restarted and now the ipv4 is gone and the same old ipv6 is there, I mean as shown in the older screenshots.

System Restore didn't create an auto restore point, I have no idea why as I have configured 5% space for the same. How to set it to automatically create restore points?

What should I do?

Last edited:

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
I suggest to stop using tunnel bear vpn for some time. Also start learning/using Macrium from the link I posted earlier. For now I guess no point in redoing the entire pointless exercise, just reset windows like last time but this time once everything is working correctly make a system image using macrium & of course don't install tunnel bear.

OP
B

billubakra

Conversation Architect
I suggest to stop using tunnel bear vpn for some time. Also start learning/using Macrium from the link I posted earlier. For now I guess no point in redoing the entire pointless exercise, just reset windows like last time but this time once everything is working correctly make a system image using macrium & of course don't install tunnel bear.
Will do. I wasn't able to find any thread or article on the internet about tunnelbear causing this. Can you please check once.
About macrium, is it same as system restore?
About system restore point, why didn't widows auto create one considering I have allotted 5% space for the same?

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
Will do. I wasn't able to find any thread or article on the internet about tunnelbear causing this. Can you please check once.
About macrium, is it same as system restore?
About system restore point, why didn't widows auto create one considering I have allotted 5% space for the same?
That's the issue with windows, every system is unique in terms of hardware software combination so same software that rune perfectly fine in 99.99% of windows users may cause issue in your system.

Read that Macrium link I posted earlier, it is basically windows restore on steroids. Windows restore point is created when windows think it needs to be created irrespective of free space left.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom