Why Lucknow isn’t the best place for practicing Geekery

desiibond

Bond, Desi Bond!
U can't just blame every retailer for not having those kinda hardware in stock
Just imagine how many of them in India will really be able to afford such high end stuff like razer mouse and pads.....
so most of them won't keep a lot of these expensive stuff because they won't just get enough customers to buy them:neutral:

Not keeping expensive stuff is okay but acting as if stuff from Intex, Mercury is the best on earth is not good. The dealer should be sane enough to check what exactly the customer is asking and if possible order the stuff for the customer if the customer is ready to pay in advance. Instead, I sometimes see them acting as if the customer is a total n00bs, which is what the headline is for this thread :)

Goten

Banned
Not keeping expensive stuff is okay but acting as if stuff from Intex, Mercury is the best on earth is not good. The dealer should be sane enough to check what exactly the customer is asking and if possible order the stuff for the customer if the customer is ready to pay in advance. Instead, I sometimes see them acting as if the customer is a total n00bs, which is what the headline is for this thread :)

True True!!!

R2K

In the Zone

yeah......i totally agree with ur point

Last edited:

slugger

Banned
i agree.. most of these computer uncles in general tend to hold on to perceptions prevailing at the time they started business - most of them started theirs in the mid-late 90s when things started looking up in the IT scene here

my current supplier, although operating out of a hole in the wall, seems moderately enlightened about hardware - started business in 2003

few years back, i too experienced a shopkeeper dismissing my argument that a USB converter [dun remember exactly] did exist - yeh Internet pe dikhane ke liye bahut kuch dikhate hain, aisa kuch hota nahi hain

luzer owns a much bigger shop today

asingh

Aspiring Novelist
They are just vendors. Do not expect brick-and-mortar shop keepers to know their wares. Nehru Place is like 15 minutes away from my house. I never ever go there now. Would rather order online, wait 9-10 days, then interact with noobs. The most irritating thing about these shop keepers, when you tell them something which is correct and logical -- they make fun of you (or look at you as if you requested the moon), and then do not listen to your requests.

The guy Harry was referring to (Gurmeet) from SMC, is quite knowledgeable and treats customers well.

I want to read that article too @anantkhilnani-"this article is dedicated to you all written by my friend after we visited naza market "

Kinkymonk

Right off the assembly line
Lol these things are so true ... Yesterday i went to naza market to enquire about GPUs ... I saw an RX 470 and i asked about it. .. that idiot guy who has been running his shop called BPE since years, tells me that ATI are for workstations and nvidia is for gaming ... Lmao i tried to correct him but these turds take it really on their egos when one tries to correct them ... I even tried to explain him the difference between ati raedon, firepros, GTXs, Quadros .. but the old ass dude was offended and started misbehaving ... Saale chutiye hain sab ke sab... Atleast know a thing about the business you're into ... this is exactly why offline market is messed up and they cry about online retailing...

TheSloth

The Slowest One
most hilarious was - "p1:razer ka mouse hai? shopkeeper:haan laser mouse hai"
How come these things aren't mentioned in the "Stupid things heard" thread??

Top Bottom