Why Is The System Switching Off By Itself ????

Status
Not open for further replies.

princedmedia

Broken In
Helooo anybody... i have a 915gav Intel mobo, with 1Gb x 2 DDR II RAM, a intel #.0 Ghz processor, 3 SATA II 320 Gb hdd, the PSU is 300 wats. Recently i`m experiencing a sudden shutdown of my computer, wen i restart it, it says," ur computer has been shutdown due to a thermal event ( overheating)". wen i restart it again goes off.. I also hear a beep like an ambulance siren wen the system starts booting. I tried cleaning the mobo and all the parts, applied thermal paste on the processor and fixed the system, wen i run it again, the system shuts down after loging into windows. I use the system in a Airconditioned and sound proof room, coz i`m into film audio recordings. And one more alert message i have is, " Intel recommends 2x12 or 2x10 power connector".
Does it mean that i shud upgrade my powersupply unit to more than 300 wats ? will this solve my problem ? can anybody suggest the best possible way by which i can overcome this problem ASAP ?

skghosh44

dig_boy_dig,dig !
I think it is PSU problem. As your system is heavy weight. You can try a 400 or 450W SMPS from your friend. If problem solved then purchesed one. I am not expert, it is just I think. Please wait what other techies replies.

sashijoseph

In the zone
If it's a generic psu,300w is grossly underpowered.Try getting a good branded psu like powersafe etc with a 24 pin connector.Temporarily though you may want to remove 2 of the hdd's and check.
Also ensure that the hsf is seated properly and which thermal paste have you applied?
Does your cabby have extra fans attached.If not,keep one of the side panels open and observe.
Also check the temperatures in the bios.
And btw is ddr2 supported in 915gav?

Cool G5

Conversation Architect
Get a good psu rated at 500 watts(zebronics).Also clean ram modules & clear wire clutter inside cabinet.It also happened with me once.

CadCrazy

in search of myself
Its definately PSU problem. Your current PSU is overloaded thats why it overheats. Get atleast 500 W from Zebronics , powersafe or ANTEC

OP
P

princedmedia

Broken In
Thanks to all the guys for ur advices, i just gave a try changing the PSU to a 450 watts, now it works fine, reily i was worried about the problem, but cud not resist to spend time for it... keep up the gud work and wish u all the best.

Princedmedia

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom