Why Is A Generator Is Named Generator

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chandal

Banned
I think a generator only converts energy of one form to another i.e. mechanical energy of the armature to electrical energy giving rise to current. It doesn't generate energy, it just converts energy. It should be named an Energy Converter. What do you say?:cool::cool:

S

Sansani

I agree with eggman that it should be named ENC(Energy Converter):p

mehra.rakesh

Journeyman
wen somebody is called an arseh0le it doesn't mean that **** pops off his body ... he justs act likes one ....:):):):):):)
similar is the case with generator !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

alexanderthegreat

Overlord v2.0
Its named so because Generator sounded a lot more cooler and sci-fi to the inventor than ENC. The people at that time did not like anonyms. :D

Quite seriously though, it generates electricity not energy. Energy cannot be created, electricity can be! It is therefore, an Electricity generator. Think! The subject is electricity, not energy! Duh!

Kundoh

Right off the assembly line
If dont consider how a generator works, the end result is energy appearing out of nowhere! That's why its called a generator!

eggman

I have Yolks not Brains!
D

Quite seriously though, it generates electricity not energy. Energy cannot be created, electricity can be! It is therefore, an Electricity generator. Think! The subject is electricity, not energy! Duh!

I think you're right!!!I take back my previous post back!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom