Why F.E.A.R. is priced Rs.2999?

Status
Not open for further replies.

abhijit_reddevil

Manchester United
Yesterday while browsing through the www.ebay.in site, I saw a listing for the F.E.A.R. PC game for Rs.2999. It is original box-packed along with other latest games like Black & White 2 which costs Rs.1299. There is no reason for me to believe that the pricing will be otherwise if I bought it from a retail CD-ROM store. Just to note, the online shopping malls which sell these two games in the west like amazon, ebgames, etc have put a price tag of $49.99. Infact for almost all PC games that come out, the maximum price tag is $49.99. And the most interesting point of note is that most of the games which sell for $49.99 sell for Rs.1299 or Rs.1499 (max) here. So why is the disparity in price for FEAR only???

I think the Indian distributors are too greedy. They are already ripping us off in terms of hardware pricing, now they are starting to rip us off gamers by charging an exorbitant price. What do you think? God knows what pricing they will put for Civ-IV. Let's hope it stays within 1500.

vmp_vivek

In the zone
^^ Well, you should also be knowing that when Max Payne 2 came out, it was also at the same price of Rs. 2,999.00 So, yeah I agree that the distributors may be greedy. :evil:

So, somebody in other forum posted : Ga** Ma***** to purchase the game !! :)) :twisted:

AcceleratorX

Youngling
Let me tell you. The higher-priced games are usually imported by Milestone or someone else. Lower priced games are usually imported by WWCDROMs or E-Express Interactive (although their newest titles are still a bit high priced).

digitized said:
Yesterday while browsing through the www.ebay.in site, I saw a listing for the F.E.A.R. PC game for Rs.2999.

Is the in-store price same? Don't draw conclusions based on pricing at eBay.

Also, as others have already explained, some titles are priced higher based on popularity. Nothing but greed on the distributors part. And they wonder why piracy is rampant?

Keith

OP
abhijit_reddevil

abhijit_reddevil

Manchester United
Keith Sebastian said:
digitized said:
Yesterday while browsing through the www.ebay.in site, I saw a listing for the F.E.A.R. PC game for Rs.2999.

Is the in-store price same? Don't draw conclusions based on pricing at eBay.

Also, as others have already explained, some titles are priced higher based on popularity. Nothing but greed on the distributors part. And they wonder why piracy is rampant?

Keith

Ya, I know that such conclusions must not be drawn but the title appeared genuine. It was not cracked or ripped or something. I have verified that the price of the other latest titles are same in the ebay site as in the retail stores, i.e. Rs.1299 or Rs.1499. There is no reason I believe that the pricing is different in different stores. Someone mentioned the initial pricing of Max Payne2. It was also Rs.2999. Wonder why??? Also wonder why titles 1 to 1 1/2 years old are still sold at their initial high price, although if you browse through the online sites selling them, the price reduces to less than $15-$20 in most cases. The other day, I saw the title of Warcraft II Battle Chest still sold for Rs.999 at Planet M. At Amazon if you search for the same now, you can find the listing for less tha $15, which comes to less than Rs.500. Can anyone tell me why??? If any countrywide distributors are listening, I demand a reply. :evil:

ammusk

Journeyman
dude someone is selling fear DVD for 250 rs.
*cgi.ebay.in/F-E-A-R-PC-DVD-Version...ryZ80328QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

OP
abhijit_reddevil

abhijit_reddevil

Manchester United
ammusk said:
dude someone is selling fear DVD for 250 rs.
*cgi.ebay.in/F-E-A-R-PC-DVD-Version...ryZ80328QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Oops I don't have a DVD-ROM drive yet. :( . Will get one from sony soon. :D

domin8r

Journeyman
Wanna bet that the DVD on sale was written in a room and not in a company? P.S.: It also includes nfo files ;-) Make your own decisions here.

OP
abhijit_reddevil

abhijit_reddevil

Manchester United
Hmmm...seems like my prayers have been answered. At last they reduced the price of F.E.A.R. to Rs.1299.:)

*cgi.ebay.in/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewI...egory=80328&ssPageName=STORE:PROMOBOX:NEWLIST

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom