Why do publishers/companies provide an online equivalent of the hard copies produced by them?

why do the companies provide an online equivalent of the hard copies produces by them?
the hindu newpaper ....... a supporting website for it is available
frontline megazine ........ website available
yojana ........ pdf available
kurukshetra ....... pdf available
pratiyogita darpan ....... online e book available

why would anyone buy the hard copy if the online version is available..........?

theterminator

Wise Old Owl
They are trying to reach the masses... Currently most of the content is free but as soon as they grab their targeted attention , they will charge for it. I think Frontline now charges for their e-magazine. The Hindu e-newspaper isn't available free.
Also, they earn revenue from their websites too because of the ads.

nisargshah95

Your Ad here
They are trying to reach the masses... Currently most of the content is free but as soon as they grab their targeted attention , they will charge for it. I think Frontline now charges for their e-magazine. The Hindu e-newspaper isn't available free.
Also, they earn revenue from their websites too because of the ads.

The Times of India's epaper is free. I agree about the ads though.

SaiyanGoku

kamehameha!!
why do the companies provide an online equivalent of the hard copies produces by them?
the hindu newpaper ....... a supporting website for it is available
frontline megazine ........ website available
yojana ........ pdf available
kurukshetra ....... pdf available
pratiyogita darpan ....... online e book available

why would anyone buy the hard copy if the online version is available..........?

everybody in India can't access that digital information because of costly and FUP'd internet or lack of knowledge about these things.

BombayBoy

Journeyman
There's an upcoming hearing on how Apple and publishers fixed prices of ebooks. It can be a landmark judgement.

Simply put, no costs of printing, distribution and marketing. Wide reach, quick to market, mobile and internet use on the rise for data consumption. Like others have said, give people an overview and charge for premium content or go freemium with adverts.

Top Bottom