Why coolermaster? ? ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

anish_sha

.:: 3 : 1 6 ::.
Hi guys, i'm planning to change the cabinet of my system, its a bit old system amd 64 2800+ , msi mobo,1gb ram, i'm planning to install a geforce 6800 card too.. Along with that i'm changing my cabby too, all says coolermaster is good.. Anyway i'm not a hardcore gamer, gaming once in a week for an hour or two, that too some fifa, nfs etc.. The cabby in my mind is iball GAMER cabinet.. But all says coolermaster is good.. Is it because its good for cooling the system for hardcore gaming? Also its availability is less and highly priced.. Can you guys guide me..

praka123

left this forum longback
^it will be for sure available in coimbatore.check in gandhipuram
bloom electronics.
also,there are lot of dealers!check for urself as ur near to coimbatore ;)

dOm1naTOr

Wise Old Owl
Wht go for Cm for usual use? They are for very gud ventillation+noise reduction+killer looks+features+quality. One with two 8800 in SLi shud think of such ventillation.
CM cabs like Stacker 830 is bout 14k
Surelly CM is gud, it doesn't mean that u shu get all that is gud. i ball gamer too is gud for its price[1.6k]
Also take a look at Zeb Antibiotic nd Peace. They r for 2k

Why r u goin gor 6800 card? Its outdated nd is hard to find.
Get 8600GT for 5.5k or 8800GT for 13k if ur mobo is PCIE.

gary4gar

GaurishSharma.com
dude i guess you have to upgrade the CPU+MOBO+RAM, as AGP are not worst buying now:(
i am in same situation as yours
*www.thinkdigit.com/forum/showthread.php?t=77202

dOm1naTOr

Wise Old Owl
Yup, why waste money of costly Cm cabbys. Get a new system in less than half the price of that cabby nd get some cheap gud cabby.

If u wand AGp setup, u can go the DX 10 way with ATI HD 2400Xt for some 4.5k or HD 2600XT for 6k. Its somewhat similar to 8600GT if not better.

OP
anish_sha

anish_sha

.:: 3 : 1 6 ::.
But just for ventilation and noise reduction, i 've to pay that much? Also i'm not a hardcore gamer, i just want to install vista wit aero, thats why thought of installing 6800. . .

gary4gar

GaurishSharma.com
But just for ventilation and noise reduction, i 've to pay that much? Also i'm not a hardcore gamer, i just want to install vista wit aero, thats why thought of installing 6800. . .
then even a 6200 would do;)
its costs around 1800/-

dOm1naTOr

Wise Old Owl
@anish_sha
also 6800 series is a bit power hungary even if it doesn't deliver performane for it in 2days games. So get an ATI HD 2400 or 2600. They need less power,+ SM 4.0 nd is DX 10 copliant. So better future proof.
Than GOD ATI HD series is still available in AGP.
2600 wud perform way better than a 6800XT.

desiibond

Bond, Desi Bond!
Hi guys, i'm planning to change the cabinet of my system, its a bit old system amd 64 2800+ , msi mobo,1gb ram, i'm planning to install a geforce 6800 card too.. Along with that i'm changing my cabby too, all says coolermaster is good.. Anyway i'm not a hardcore gamer, gaming once in a week for an hour or two, that too some fifa, nfs etc.. The cabby in my mind is iball GAMER cabinet.. But all says coolermaster is good.. Is it because its good for cooling the system for hardcore gaming? Also its availability is less and highly priced.. Can you guys guide me..

Coolermaster cabinet for your config is utter waste of money. A Rs.1,500 cabinet is more than enough. Your system will be runnning smooth and steady even without the extra fan at the back of your cabinet. Invest that money you have to pay for coolermaster in other hardware.

desiibond

Bond, Desi Bond!
Don't try to fix if it ain't broke :)

You want to run vista with aero
you are not a gamer

Why do you need iball gamer?

IMHO, stick to your current cabinet. Do the necessary upgrades like RAM, HDD, AGP to keep vista smooth and if you see heat/voltag issues after adding all this, then think about cabinet upgrade.

dude i guess you have to upgrade the CPU+MOBO+RAM, as AGP are not worst buying now:(
i am in same situation as yours
*www.thinkdigit.com/forum/showthread.php?t=77202

Yes. Upgrade CPU+mobo+ram. This is better option.

I have AMD athlon 64 3000+, 1gig ram and gigabyte 6100 mobo and vista runs without any problem.

you can now get CPU + motherboard for the price of Coolermaster cabinet.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom