why are price in ebay so cheap

Status
Not open for further replies.

Saharika

In the zone
i have found that prices in ebay.com much much lower
All cannot be scam and site has been running from years.
for eg
this one
*cgi.ebay.com/ASUS-EEE-PC-1005HA-P-...iewItemQQptZLaptops_Nov05?hash=item2a040fb55a

i am planning to get some products here
so why are products so cheap there....
and what may be the problem in that?

TheHumanBot

Padawan
strange same thing on amazon
*www.amazon.com/ASUS-1005HA-PU1X-BK-10-1-Inch-Black-Netbook
/dp/B002DYIXMI

your link is auction so i guess it could be low cause its auction.

OP
S

Saharika

In the zone
strange same thing on amazon
*www.amazon.com/ASUS-1005HA-PU1X-BK-10-1-Inch-Black-Netbook
/dp/B002DYIXMI

your link is auction so i guess it could be low cause its auction.

yes but even in the auction ....
either product should be old
or seller is scam (but there are many such)
or its his/her birthday...as a gift....
or has gone mad and selling every thing in the home :))

sakumar79

Technomancer
Please also note that there is a reserve price on the item - if the maximum bid turns out less than the reserve price, the auction will be cancelled and the seller can try to sell the piece again... The reserve price is not shown to the bidders...

Arun

virus000

Broken In
Please also note that there is a reserve price on the item - if the maximum bid turns out less than the reserve price, the auction will be cancelled and the seller can try to sell the piece again... The reserve price is not shown to the bidders...

Exactly..I've done quite a bidding myself and the automatically the bid amt was overthrown by another bidder.So it was all that the reserve price of the seller was met,the automatic bidding stopped and said good luck on bidding.
Prices may be cheap but one has to see the seller's feedback and reviews then buy.Also see shipping charges and paypal reductions if buying intl..

OP
S

Saharika

In the zone

Arun

Ok,the example i showed doesnt even have reserve price 51$ for netbook....
plus
even if it is bidding must doesnt have 3-5 bids which means suppose the price might have gone ok lets suppose 80$....
i mean he cannot mark it $50 and hope to sell it for $500 ... i am talking about normal products....
even in $80 that netbook is still much less than market price

and about feedback even top rated sellers are selling many products for may be for 30-40% of the actual cost.

so,dont know what to say...some even have brand names...:))

sakumar79

Technomancer
In the link you gave, the current bid is indicated as $100 and below it, it is indicated "Reserve not met"... Reserve price may be around $350 or $400 if its retail value is $500 (just a guess)... Naturally, if you can get it at that price, you get a great deal... But a lot of others will also be bidding, so the chances are you may end up getting one for around $450 or $500 only...

Arun

OP
S

Saharika

In the zone
In the link you gave, the current bid is indicated as $100 and below it, it is indicated "Reserve not met"... Reserve price may be around $350 or $400 if its retail value is $500 (just a guess)... Naturally, if you can get it at that price, you get a great deal... But a lot of others will also be bidding, so the chances are you may end up getting one for around $450 or $500 only...

Arun
Yes,
it seems to be all drama there

The price which was quoted 50$ roused to 340$ ,what a joke
may be good manipulation ...
seems like whole share market there...lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom