why am i facing this strange problem?

Status
Not open for further replies.

mayneu

Journeyman
hi all, i dont know why its happening with me like this.....

it all started when i installed window blinds to tweak the look of xp.....

my system is running extremely slowly and obviously i have to use task manager to hold the control of my system..... even then i couldnt able to make the tweaks in window blinds..... my system is crying to run window blinds.... i tried 2 -3 versions from different sites. result is same.....

i have a decent configuration laptop( not to blame it may be its old by anyone...) 1.83 GHz core duo p4, 2GB DDR2 RAM,256 MB ATI X1400 graphics card, 80 GB hard disk @7.2k rpm, WINDOWS XP MEDIA CENTRE EDITION & other standard configurations like bluetooth, wireless etc.

i am not able to run this window blinds pretty well in my laptop, i heard its the best at present in terms of tweaking the looks of xp i was using flyakite OSx software till now, which is also best if u wanna convert ur windows system into MAC BOOK....i just love it. and my system is pretty fast also while i am using it..... its true i have compared it....

can anyone pls guide me on how to use WB, step by step from the beginning would be preferred...... may be i am doing something wrong while installing or while configuaring it.... brief tutorial with would be better.....

i am waiting for ur response guys....

one question to vishal gupta, i am pretty sure that u r well aware of flyakite OS software, (windows to mac transformation), in that i didnt like the boot screen. because it looks like grainy or something like the colour dribbling from the oil paint.....

can u tell me vishal, how to make boot screen look perfectly clear and good looking by using simple tricks.... i wanted to use the apple silver colour screen & the blue and white mixed animated progress bar which can be seen when a mac OS is about to boot into desktop.... if i can have it in my boot screen with window blinds with ur help, i would be thankful to you....

i hope u consider my request vishal.....

it_waaznt_me

Coming back to life ..
The boot screen appears grainy because its in 16 bit color mode. This limitation is there because when then boot screen is display, no graphic driver is loaded. So minimal color depth is used.
If you want to create your own boot screens, try this utility

Vishal Gupta

Microsoft MVP
There is no tutorial as such to use WindowBlinds, just install it and apply the skins ;)

regarding to the boot screen, batty has already given the answer, u can also use Tuneup Utilities to create ur boot screen :)

OP
mayneu

mayneu

Journeyman
Vishal Gupta said:
There is no tutorial as such to use WindowBlinds, just install it and apply the skins ;)

regarding to the boot screen, batty has already given the answer, u can also use Tuneup Utilities to create ur boot screen :)

how come the windows boot screen looks better vishal? how do they do it?

there must be some answer for that.... nothing is impossible .... right?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom