Why 2 when you already have 3.2???

Status
Not open for further replies.

ricky_pradeep

Broken In
Hola to all Digisters!

Nokia N73 has been rated as one of the best camera phones in the market.. Now Nokia is launching other N series models like the N76 N77 et all.. Now when you have a camera module as functional in the N73, why on earth does Nokia want to put 2 mp cameras in the N76 and N77????? What justice does it do the 16mill colour screen??? I've been thinkin about all day long and I have reached no conclusion.. Any brainwaves?

iMav

The Devil's Advocate
well here is where a simple marketing strategy comes in place ... u just cannot have a fone that gives u all features coz then u hamper ur own range of other models

infra_red_dude

Wire muncher!
mAV3 said:
well here is where a simple marketing strategy comes in place ... u just cannot have a fone that gives u all features coz then u hamper ur own range of other models

completely agree wid you! plus it also saves them on cost and the complexity of electronics and firmware....

OP
R

ricky_pradeep

Broken In
Hmmm..I do not agree completely.. I mean.. Suppose the N77 had a 3.2 MP, I would've bought that on its launch.. But it dosent..So I'm not gonna buy it.. dosen't it mean that Nokia just lost a prospective customer?

sagsall4u

Journeyman
ricky_pradeep said:
Hmmm..I do not agree completely.. I mean.. Suppose the N77 had a 3.2 MP, I would've bought that on its launch.. But it dosent..So I'm not gonna buy it.. dosen't it mean that Nokia just lost a prospective customer?

thats what i'm saying. ppl will definitely by the k790i for the cam. when you release a high end model it should have sumthing high end. not just all the stuff on d market mixed together

assasin

Banned
^^^ i dont agree with u cuz,many ppl will buy Nokia mainly due to its multitasking abilities and its s60v3 UI.

Akshay

Cyborg Agent
As stated above cost cutting n technological challenges seem to b d obvious reasons 4 2mpx. Many ppl who want digital camera n mobile togthr r opting for N73 n SE (3.2mpx models). But wit such update, nokia wil definitely drive dem to odr companies...

iMav

The Devil's Advocate
sagsall4u said:
there is no other range of phones dude.
what do u mean by that ... :confused:

there are ppl who buy fones only for cma quality .... 3 mps for em
there are ppl who want decent cam good sound .... 2 mp for em

so on and so forth

sagsall4u said:
they shld have included a 4 mp cam to boost sales
i wonder y nokia couldnt think of that .... maybe they need u to head their marketing and tech dept :mrgreen:

iMav

The Devil's Advocate
^^ the new fones seem to be having a 2mp cam so its not as simple as u think

go thru the posts a little carefully will make things a little simple

sagsall4u

Journeyman
mAV3 said:
what do u mean by that ... :confused:

there are ppl who buy fones only for cma quality .... 3 mps for em
there are ppl who want decent cam good sound .... 2 mp for em

so on and so forth

i wonder y nokia couldnt think of that .... maybe they need u to head their marketing and tech dept :mrgreen:

what i meant was that there isint a higher range of phones for general use(except pda's) for the general ppl.
nokia or SE these ppl only wanna make money. They wont introduce a 4mp cam or better softwares for phones till they r absolutely sure that it is demanding.

Marketing is the key of their success

Last edited:

iMav

The Devil's Advocate
^^ well in that case lets tell nikon to put a fone in their cams
no it wont ... cant say whether it will b a walkman .... but a 4mp cam with decent music playback .... wont take long ...

Last edited:

dOm1naTOr

Wise Old Owl
ricky_pradeep said:
They must have lost a customer[who wants a gud cam], but at the same time they will get 10 customers who wants other features[whilh will be introduced in that model], and those who just want a decent cam.

They shud produce phones for all category, that is phones suited for people with different interests.
If they keeps on adding every features on their new model, they will spoil their sales, rather than boosting it. Suppose 2 buddies, one want a good cam and other need better proccy with good s/w features etc. But If Nokia has only a model with all those features, then defenitely its gonna cost more. So both of them might have to look for some other brands which suits their specific needs. So Nokia had lost 2 customer.

The features which shud be put in each model is very cleverly made by the marketing officers of each company.

dOm1naTOr

Wise Old Owl
@piyush gupta
Be practical man..one who needs such professional cam shud go for a digicam rather that a cell.

infra_red_dude

Wire muncher!
sagsall4u said:
BTW i have a dream .. a walkman SE phone with a 4mp cybershot cam. I'm dead sure thats gonna stay a dream . what say u guys

u are correct, it'll stay a dream coz sony ericsson has forked the two brands long before. cybershot and walkman will never be seen on a single phone! at the most we may get to see a normal 4mp cam on a walkman phone, but not something which will be same as that on a similar K series cam phone. thats again to cater the different needs of people. probabaly the best phone was w800i! SE had a winner in it. tho the color didn't appeal to many. it has a stock brilliant 2mp AF cam + walkman brand, no need of fiddling wid firmware etc. but then they quickly realised it that it'd hamper the sales of their other phones and segregated the two by phasing out w800i and introducing w700i. anyhow price of w810i was high that time. but today if u want the best of both worlds, grab the w810i. its a golden model!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom