whole system upgrade or gfx card ??

Status
Not open for further replies.
OP
hskpunjabi

hskpunjabi

Journeyman
If you can sell your current Proccy+mobo+ram for ~ 3k (ram alone should go >1.4k) ..then you can pickup
Mobo - Gigabyte G31 - 2.4k
Proccy - E5300 - 3.4k
Ram 2 Gb - 1.2k
Gfx - Ati 4670/9600gt 4k

Total - 11 - 3 = 8k .. but now you have good enough rig for next 2-3 years, and for your monitor resolution it will play most of the games at high settings.

does this config ok for win 7(i mean mobo?) ...isn't dual core e5300 older than core 2 due porocessors.??....

which should be bought in able to play games/run win 7....as some time games require high processors.......i basically love 2 play fps games loke call of duty, company of heros....nfs etc

how much ram should i buy( thinking of 4 gb's so 64 bit xp or win 7 is reqd .
as well as 64 bit processor support do dual core's n core 2 due's have this support??

Last edited:

Krow

Crowman
Hey hskpunjabi AMD has Athlon II X4 620 Quad core @ 5.5k which is waaaay better than Core 2 Duo E7400 @ 5.5k and for mobo you can get Biostar TA785GE 128M @ 4.2k, which doesnt need you to buy a GFX card. U can game and enjoy your windows 7 at medium settings too (for gaming). Sure you dont want AMD?

foruamit2004

Broken In
@OP AFIAk.. E5300's architecture is same as Core2duo, so basically they are C2D processors with may be less cache.. no problem with the proccy..if you can extend your budget a little then AMD solution will be best too as suggested above.. btw E5300 is fine since you will be mostly limited by GFX performance. this config can easily play CRYSIS at medium-high setting on your monitor.

desiibond

Bond, Desi Bond!
@hskpunjabi, what techalomaniac said is true. Athlon II X4 quad core is available for 5.5k and it has much more VFM, thanks to two extra cores. Even a dual core Athlon II X2 250 that is available for 3.5k competes with E7400. and G31 mobos are very very basic.

my suggestion for you is to go for AMD rig with X4 630, 785G mobo and DDR3 RAM. This will be able to run most of the current gen games at low to medium settings and easily plays highdef content. then wait for the release of budget DX11 cards from ATI and nVidia (ATI's should be in by end of October and nVidia's should be in by next month).

that would make your rig better placed for next upgrades when compared to already stale E7400+G31+9xxxGT

OP
hskpunjabi

hskpunjabi

Journeyman
okay....write some amd configs with prices,,,are there onboard 256 mb graphics as in intel's boards///////

are laptops cheaper in dubai?? how much cheaper?
one of my friend is planning to bring one for him. i might also ask to get one 4 me if deal is good...

Last edited:

Arnab boss

In the zone
Laptops r cheaper in dubai but make sure its purchased frm a duty free shop...' in hongkong , singapore , china and taiwan r places where u can get any electronics products in damm cheap prices...'

Recently my uncle brought me a omega seamaster planet ocean james bond series watch which he wearing in quantum of solace movie...' its cost around $750 + taxes roughly @ 75000 bucks...' he bought it @ 38000 bucks frm singapore...'

And go 4 Amd rig....' its vfm in every aspect....'

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom