which webcam to buy?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ssk_the_gr8

Make Way the LORD is Here
i need a new webcam
budget- 500-1000

1)will it work with 256 kbps (64 kbps upload speed)dataone connection in skype?
2)im on home 500 plan so how much data download /upload will increase
if i talk once a week for 1/2 an hour
3)should i buy techcom ssd-641-mp or any other
is microsoft lifecam vx 1000 better what is its price
(digit did not review it & it reviewed all other cameras)

thanx in advance

Kiran.dks

Technomancer
Microsoft Webcam Lifecam VX-1000 USB 2.0 costs you around Rs.2400/- with warranty. It is out of your budget. But it is worth to go for it as it offers Still Image at 640 x 480 and Video of 640 x 480 at 30 fps.
If you are tight in your budget, go for Logitech Quickcam Express Web Cam. It costs you around Rs1200/- with warranty.

Kiran.dks

Technomancer
You can go for Techcom Webcam Night Vision series. It costs you around RS.1000/-. Also I remember a Logitech Quickcam Express Webcam series around this price tag. JUst check it out with dealer.

OP
ssk_the_gr8

ssk_the_gr8

will go & check up tommorrow & my friend is also lookin for awebcam but
his budget is 600 is their naythin better than techcom ssd-641-mp for him
digit gave it the best buy dec 06.
& my 1st 2 Q r unanswered
is video chatting/callin possible in skype with the dataone connection

ambandla

Sup' dude, Sup'
Kiran_tech_mania said:
Microsoft Webcam Lifecam VX-1000 USB 2.0 costs you around Rs.2400/- with warranty. It is out of your budget. But it is worth to go for it as it offers Still Image at 640 x 480 and Video of 640 x 480 at 30 fps.
If you are tight in your budget, go for Logitech Quickcam Express Web Cam. It costs you around Rs1200/- with warranty.

VX-1000 is not Rs.2,400. My friend got that for Rs.1,400 from SP Road day before yesterday (Railton computers), Bangalore with full 1yr warranty from Microsoft. The clarity is far far better than entry level webcam's rom other manufacturers.

OP
ssk_the_gr8

ssk_the_gr8

ambandla said:
VX-1000 is not Rs.2,400. My friend got that for Rs.1,400 from SP Road day before yesterday (Railton computers), Bangalore with full 1yr warranty from Microsoft. The clarity is far far better than entry level webcam's rom other manufacturers.

so is lifecam vx 1000 better than logitech quickcam express

Kiran.dks

Technomancer
ambandla said:

Thanks for pointing out error. It was mistyped. Error regretted.

@SSK, VX-1000 is much better than Logitech Quickcam Express. But a bit above your budget.

ambandla

Sup' dude, Sup'
@ssk429. Go and get vx1000. It's worth that price and the clarity is very good. we tried this one with Windows live messenger and the video is very very smooth.
btw, this one comes with a nice base. The base can be divided into two vertically (opens up like a clip) so that it can be rested even on the laptop monitor. We tried this on a toshiba satellite laptop and it fitted perfectly on the top of the display (though the top is sharp unlike Thinkpad's that is 3/4 inch wide)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom