Which Video Format is Best ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

satyamy

Alive Again...
I want to Upload Video on Site
it support
AVI, WMV, MPEG, MPG, MOV, DIVX, ASF, FLV, MP4, RM or 3gp

So in which format the Quality of Video will be Best ?

Last edited:

phreak0ut

The Thread Killer >:)
rm and 3gp loses quality, but not much depending on how good your original video is. I would go for divx anyday.

Batistabomb

Deadman Walking
can you tell exactly where you are going to upload, in rapid share ? zshare ?
or any,ok if the video is medium clarity go for avi ,asf but not flv

if the video is of great quality and some what , i suggest always go for divx, because we all prefer watching videos in divx rather than avi

ranjan2001

Cyborg Agent
MP4 is a good compromise between quality & file size, its smaller than divX around 30-40%.

Overall DivX is still best but larger file size.

OP
satyamy

satyamy

Alive Again...
Original File is of Medium Quality
I want to Upload it in metacafe

Yes because Size is also Concern, I think MP4 will be good

What you think ?

ico

Super Moderator
Staff member
MP4 if we need small files. Else if we are talking about the quality, nothing beats DivX

For Video, use the following:

For Speed in ripping, use XviD. Its the best.
For Best Quality, use H.264, specifically the x264 codec.
For HD Videos, use VP7, the ultimate codec.

Never use DivX, WMV-HD, RealVideo, VP6, Sorenson, etc. they suck compared to others.
remember, in any case, Divx <<<<<<< XviD
And Matroska is the best archieving container to use in case no other container is available.

For audio, use the following:

1. AoTuV Vorbis Beta 5 for general perpose CD ripping and transcoading @ bitrates <= 64 kbps - audiophile:D
2. MusePack For high bitrate Audiophile quality CD ripping. This is almost always transparent.:shock:
3. Nero Digital HE-AAC rocks at bitrates below 64 kbps.8)

remember, WMA, WMA Pro, mp3, MP2, wav, etc suck

For Lossless Audio, use the following:

1. WavPack is the most effitient, and it has a unique hybrid feature allowing you to create a lossy high bitrate small size file that can be used in mp3 players, PCs, etc as well as a correction file for making the audio lossless, so that you can archieve it. It also has normal lossless mode.

2. FLAC is the most supported, very fast, and quite good, almost close to WavPack. Its recomended by me for general perpose high speed encoding at compression level 5(8 is much slower and less gainful)

Last edited:

adi007

Youngling
MP4..*gigasmilies.googlepages.com/yes.gif if u want less file size..
DIVX for quality
But converting files into MP4 and DIVX takes lot of time..:sad:

MetalheadGautham said:
For Speed in ripping, use XviD. Its the best.
please eloborate..
which software do u use and the time taken for ripping..

Last edited:
adi007 said:
MP4..*gigasmilies.googlepages.com/yes.gif if u want less file size..
DIVX for quality
But converting files into MP4 and DIVX takes lot of time..:sad:

please eloborate..
which software do u use and the time taken for ripping..
mp4 sucks, if you use the default m4v codec.
DivX has hardly any quality in front of XviD, definitely to be used alyday over DivX. DivX is propiatary, but it is still not better than XviD.

Conversion is not just about clicking the convert button. File size is also not codec specific. You need to specify the Codec used and additional filters to be applied. Standard n00bs think that Video is all about the codec name, and the convert button. But if you are a hardcore multimedia geek like me, or even if you are just a semi-inteligent guy, you will appritiate the fact that you can always use extra options in codecs to alter quality, like intencity of encoding, bitrates, filters to be applied, deinterlacing, post-processing, etc.

It also does not matter which software you use for ripping. It only matters what options you give in the codec, and if the codec has been optimised for your system, for example by compiling it for your system, or by a project like "Lancer".

I use handbrake.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom