which usb flash drive is good ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

sude

Tech'ing life seriously!!
hey go for transcend V20 flash drives (the newest in market now) with 5yrs warranty.. i am using a 512mb one WORKING GREAT... i would recommend transcend.

-SUDE

Ishan

In the zone
Hey man my uncle is going to bring a flash card for me...Is it the same thing u all are talking abt...can u explain me the purpose of this card and the thing u r talking abt if they arn't same...Pls

shovik

Banned
All USB drives from brands like Transcend, Kingston, Oddessey, Zion are good.

Look for the following models ::
DTI Data Traveller 1GB Kingston -Rs. 2,100 and for 512MB -Rs.1,500
Jetflash 120 Transcend 1GB -Rs.1400 and 512MB -RS.1100
Umax 1GB -Rs.Rs.19,20

Regards,
Shovik.

janitha

Wise Old Owl
shovik said:
All USB drives from brands like Transcend, Kingston, Oddessey, Zion are good.

Look for the following models ::
DTI Data Traveller 1GB Kingston -Rs. 2,100 and for 512MB -Rs.1,500
Jetflash 120 Transcend 1GB -Rs.1400 and 512MB -RS.1100
Umax 1GB -Rs.Rs.19,20

Regards,
Shovik.

I bought a Kingston DataTraveler 512 MB from a reputed dealer with bill and 5 year warranty for Rs.850/- two days back and it is working perfectly. Inside the blister pack, on the card, the MRP is shown as Rs.2695/- and the month of import is May 2006. Of course I know there is no relation between MRP and actual selling price, but I never expected this much.

At the same shop, Corsair with 10 year warranty was available for Rs.900/-

But at the same time I do not think such very long warranties have much significance nowadays when technology is changing at a fast pace. For eg., the new Seagate 750 GB HDD with perpendicular recording (PR). For info see the link below.
*www.tomshardware.com/2006/06/29/seagate_750_gb_barracuda_enters_the_big_league/

shyamno

Ambassador of Buzz
Can U tell me what is the difference between a pen drive,Usb Flash and etc which fall in these category and which one is ideal to use.

janitha

Wise Old Owl
shyamno said:
Can U tell me what is the difference between a pen drive,Usb Flash and etc which fall in these category and which one is ideal to use.
AFAIK, the very same thing is known by various names, viz. Pen Drive, USB Drive, Keychain Drive etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom