Which TV Tuner Card to Buy?

Status
Not open for further replies.

technoteen

Journeyman
Hi Guys
I have AMD 3200+ running on MSI RS480M2IL with 512 *2 DDR 400 Hynix RAM
i want to add a tv tuner card to my machine, my budget is about 3 - 3.5

1.most important point is, it should have good quality recording, as i want to give it live feed form my handycam. realtime encoding will be always a added advantage.

2.should have remote control.

3.will the card be pci based or pci-x based (my mobo does not have a agp slot)

so which one should i buy?

can plz tell me will the card work with xp media center edition.

wolfff

Broken In
1. What Handycam do u have? U can great speeds if u transfer vids to ur computer from USB/Firewire Ports. I have sony handycam, using Firewire i can transfer a 90 minute movie in about 25 minutes. I may be mistaken but if you transfer the movie using a TV tuner card then time takes will be same as duration of the video. Not important if u r considerin live feeds only.

2. Last i checked, all tv tuner cards above rs. 1200 had a remote.... only some unheard chinese brands did not.

3. I have never come across a TV tuner card based on AGP or PCI-e, it is always Pci.

Go in for reputed bends like Compro.

And finally if u have an Original Media Center computer, then your computer has a TV tuner card in it, becuase Media Center is OEM only. And if u have purchased a pirated CD, then you may have driver problems.

OP
T

technoteen

Journeyman
wolfff said:
1. What Handycam do u have? U can great speeds if u transfer vids to ur computer from USB/Firewire Ports. I have sony handycam, using Firewire i can transfer a 90 minute movie in about 25 minutes. I may be mistaken but if you transfer the movie using a TV tuner card then time takes will be same as duration of the video. Not important if u r considerin live feeds only.

i have Sony HCR40E and i currently use usb for transfering vids, it takes same time as the duration of video to transfer. i have not used firewire yet. can you tell me what will be the cost of firewire cable for the Sony HCR40 E

how are you able to speed up the transfer?

and ya the media center was downloaded from net :twisted:

dIgItaL_BrAt

Cyborg Agent
u could go in for the pinnacle card,it has great quality,both during tv capture & capturing from external sources.

navino87

In the zone
Compro

Hey go for Compro VideoMate PVR/FM which has all the features that you asked.

Look here for more details -

*www.techtree.com/techtree/jsp/article.jsp?article_id=51462&cat_id=545

Cost - Rs.1800 + tax

magnet

Youngling
some compro gold mate solution has come...the delaer is givin me that 4 2.75k.....i might go 4 it.....

Delpiero

Journeyman
Re: Compro

navino87 said:
Hey go for Compro VideoMate PVR/FM which has all the features that you asked.

Look here for more details -

*www.techtree.com/techtree/jsp/article.jsp?article_id=51462&cat_id=545

Cost - Rs.1800 + tax
Yes, this one is a great choice. Go for it. 8)

Charley

Just Do It
Hun, these threads exist.

*www.thinkdigit.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=26205

*www.thinkdigit.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=24080

multi

lazy bone
do any one have idea of external tv tuner cards & performance ?

one friend has recomended to go for external rather than internal card.

as per quality which should i go for ?

plz guys i need your reviews .

With a handycam, you should be looking at a (cheap) firewire card and a cable. Not TV tuner. You can transfer faster than realtime and in digital (DV).

BTW, see that your cam has firewire (ieee 1394). All new ones have.

Keith

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom