which touch panel mobile is good

Status
Not open for further replies.
hi guys,

i want to know that now a days which is chip and best touch phone i should buy,
well i am thinking to purchase nokia 5800, if any one is heaving any idea about this model just let me know or suggest me a good one

thnx
:)

Tamoghno

Padawan
Cheap and best = samsung star .

5800 is now 16.2k with free sennheiser headphone , its also good vfm.

Btw , what do you want to in a phone ? And if you have any particular questions abt 5800 you can ask me.

Ross

Daydream Believer
......And if you have any particular questions abt 5800 you can ask me.

Hi Tamoghno,

I am planning to buy Nokia 5800 XM, so I wanted to know....
1. How to use wifi on it?I tried connecting my friend's phone to my UTStarcomm wifi modem but no success.

2. I have being told by my friend that it hangs a lot. Does newre firmware have this problem??

Tamoghno

Padawan
Regarding wifi , i dont have access to many hotspots , but yes , it sometimes have problem connecting to secured hotsopt , but if you have access to configure router , you should be able to fix it.

2. It used to hang a lot at v11 firmware , but since v21 , it hangs like once a week , that too mostly in the beta app 'photo browser'. The firmware is pretty stable now.

The only real downside of the phone is camera , which is really crappy , but of you want a superb media player+decent internet device+superb phone at great price nothing beats it.

If you want to flaunt a touchscreen phone for cheap and dont care much abt media player then dont waste money and buy star instead.

utsav

damn busy...
imo 5800 is the best deal right now and the sennheiser headphone makes it really tempting and much more vfm, you can even hav a look at the headphone coz it comes in a separate transparent packing and if asked to the dealer , he will definitely show you that

mack1983

Broken In
Almost at all the places in Delhi that headphone scheme is over.
Got a shocker when went to a hotsopt shop in delhi the dealer suggested me not to go for 5800 XM as, so many of his customers are coming back to him with screen problem. Even though he was having lots of 5800's unsold with him he was suggesting not to go for it.:shock:

OP
S

sweating.bullet

Broken In
thanx a lot guys for your suggestion i will go for 5800 ,
i think sound quality should also be good, cant buy that iphone coz tooo much costly

:)
thanx again

Tamoghno

Padawan
@ mack

i've not heard of screen problem(or any hardware problem except gap in upper right corner) in newer batch of 5800 ie after march.

@ ot
if sound quality is your main concern then no other touchscreen comes close to it.

mack1983

Broken In
Is 5800XM available in Black colour in India?
I have called so many dealers they say they don't have that.:???: only Red and blue are available with them...........

OP
S

sweating.bullet

Broken In
hey guys thanx for all your help,
does any one is heaving idea of 5530XM, i saw it on nokia site, one more thing i need to ask Tamoghno, you said that nokia is providing sennheiser headphone but didnt got any info related to this, can you suggest

Tamoghno

Padawan
^^ the sennheiser headphone was a special offer . The package had big blue sticker stating about free headphone . I am very sure about it. Not sure if the offer is still valid but it was certainly valid when i posted.

I've also seen the 5530 . 2.9inch is a little small for touchscreen i think. I foot think it'll release before september

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom