Which to buy

Status
Not open for further replies.

swapraj

Broken In
i am just quit confused about which to buy.
my budget upto 40 k but in 2 installment
so either i go for 24 inch monitor with home theater now and then 3 months with quad core and GTX 260 or any other . or go for CPU and graphics first and then display then. which prices drops in these days not know
so please reply..

Piyush

Lanaya
so either i go for 24 inch monitor with home theater now and then 3 months with quad core and GTX 260 or any other . or go for CPU and graphics first and then display then. which prices drops in these days not know
so please reply..
can u plz explain us in an easier way?
:???:

Techn0crat

RPG FTW!!!
He is buying computer in 2 instalments so he is confused about what to buy first,CPU+GPU or Monitor.

I suggest you first buy CPU+GPU and then LCD.you can get 24 inch under 15k these days.

mavihs

Techie By Heart
so please reply..
whats your current config?
if your current config can support the LCD then go for a LCD as not much change is going to come in the next 3 months in the price & technoly where as there is going to a lot of change coming in the CPU & GPU as newer models will be coming!

OP
S

swapraj

Broken In
not buying new one just want to upgrade. my PC configuration is
p-4 2.93 Ghz
2 GB DDR2 800 Mhz
Asus P5N73-AM (256 MB nvidia onboard graphics)
17 CRT monitor
80 GB HDD

mavihs

Techie By Heart
not buying new one just want to upgrade. my PC configuration is
p-4 2.93 Ghz
2 GB DDR2 800 Mhz
Asus P5N73-AM (256 MB nvidia onboard graphics)
17 CRT monitor
80 GB HDD
do you play any games, if no then you can go for the LCD as you be able to watch movies in HD & you'll have a better experience!

Also soon intel will be changing there sockets again so i recommend you save some more money & go for an AMD setup as it'll give you more bang for buck/value for money!
Also Nvidia will be taking out the Fermi based entry lelvel cards which are going to be way more better than the current entry level cards!
If you decide to buy the card now then i would recommend you go with an ATI card as they have better performance & also value for money & also better visuals/graphics!

OP
S

swapraj

Broken In
not want to change socket so Quad is fine for me to save further upgrade.and yes i am using it for the to play games sometimes .
i am just thinking about 2 option in GPU either quad(2.33 to 2.66 ghz) with gtx 260 or c2d (2.5 Ghz to 2.93 Ghz) with gtx 470 if price drops. which one is better.

altecmayank

throttle press fire !!
hi swapraj. i wud buy a coslty nvidai only n only if i were buyin a 120Hz 3D monitor like alienware monitor, else hd 5750 at yr price. plus chek the 23 inch SP2309W *www1.ap.dell.com/in/en/home/monitors/23lcd/cp.aspx?refid=23lcd&s=dhs&cs=indhs1 ... it totally rocks n i wud sacrifice an inch fr its functions..infact i did order it last week.
regarding wt to buy first, go for LCD, gpu prices wil drop with gtx 470 series' entry into market. n don bother of future outlook. it never satisfies :D

mavihs

Techie By Heart
hi swapraj. i wud buy a coslty nvidai only n only if i were buyin a 120Hz 3D monitor like alienware monitor, else hd 5750 at yr price.
regarding wt to buy first, go for LCD, gpu prices wil drop with gtx 470 series' entry into market. n don bother of future outlook. it never satisfies :D
+1
also i forgot to ask you, which SMPS you have?

altecmayank

throttle press fire !!
o well, no doubts when it comes to smps. i took a corsair 550W since i bought HD5850 with i7930. my desktop not delivered yet thought coz of shortage of asus xonar sound card back here in bombay :(

OP
S

swapraj

Broken In
thanks guys
i am now going for samsung 24(13,500/-) inches monitor with altec lancing VS3251 home theater (4000/-)
and then goes with GPU combo

altecmayank

throttle press fire !!
Congrats swapraj. do tell us your experience with the new monitor regarding it performance and viewing angle. i m a noob when it comes to speakers ..lol.. so just went for ms5021 myself on friends recommendations

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom