Which SSD should I buy?

SachinJade

Right off the assembly line
Hello folks.

I am planning to buy a New SSD for my desktop rig.. I went to the lamington road in mumbai and wandered to check what are the running brands and models are available. I found kingston and samsung are the most running.. I found 240GB sandisk model costs around 6k with 3yrs warranty and 480GB model costs around 13k..there are several other brands like ADATA, SAMSUNG which costs somewhat the same. But my concern is whether I should buy 240GB model or considering future need I should go with 480GB model ? and which brand and particular model is recommended ? what factors should I consider while buying an SSD?
Please give some suggestions.

Thank you!
Hare Krishna.

P.S I am not a fan of sandisk product.

RCuber

The Mighty Unkel!!!
Staff member
250 gig will be sufficient. go for 250 Gig 850 EVO. install OS and most used apps/games in that drive. store movies/music/ less frequently played games etc in mechanical HDD.

RCuber

The Mighty Unkel!!!
Staff member
How about Kingston v300?

Check this UserBenchmark: Kingston SSDNow V300 vs Samsung 850 Evo

Evo 850 crushes the V300 in every test. Evo 850 is priced only a little higher than the V300,but gives massive performance benefits. no point in going for v300 just to save a little money.

Last edited:
OP
S

SachinJade

Right off the assembly line
Check this UserBenchmark: Kingston SSDNow V300 vs Samsung 850 Evo

Evo 850 crushes the V300 in every test. Evo 850 is priced only a little higher than the V300,but gives massive performance benefits. no point in going for v300 just to save a little money.

Okay! Im too not a fan of kingston products..but it is suiting my budget. how abound Transcend? compare these two please : Transcend 256 GB SATA III 6Gb/s 2.5-Inch Solid State: Amazon.in: Computers & Accessories and Transcend Information 256 GB SATA III 6Gb: Amazon.in: Computers & Accessories.

Thank you for your help :)

RCuber

The Mighty Unkel!!!
Staff member
Okay! Im too not a fan of kingston products..but it is suiting my budget. how abound Transcend? compare these two please : Transcend 256 GB SATA III 6Gb/s 2.5-Inch Solid State: Amazon.in: Computers & Accessories and Transcend Information 256 GB SATA III 6Gb: Amazon.in: Computers & Accessories.

Thank you for your help :)

Not sure about Transcend, I heard their A.S.S is pretty bad

Top Bottom