which speaker to buy???

Status
Not open for further replies.

saikibryan

Journeyman
c i want to buy a 5.1 speaker system...since THX certified/dts/dolby prologic should b outta my budget, plz gimme some clue which one i should zero in...my budget is around 8k-10k...is it necessary to buy a amplifier/sound card alongwith that?

codename_romeo

Romeo + Lucifer = ME
JBL ENCOUNTER (2.1) Rs7600
Altec VL-251 5.1 Rs4000
CREATIVE INSPIRE 5.1 Rs3800
CREATIVE INSPIRE 6.1 Rs5100
CREATIVE INSPIRE 7.1 Rs6700

shantanu

Technomancer
HMM YOU CAN GO FOR F n D 5.1 350 watt rms , mind blowing outout power and DOLBY PROLOGIC IIx supported and THX certified in only 3500/- GREAT NAA.. i was too amazed but i am using it right now

Fighter

Broken In
If you are on a stringent budget but still want quality, your choice should be Creative, I say this so because you get the best after sales service with creative, same is the case with Logitech too but their speakers are a bit pricey.

Anyways, for a 5.1 system look for

Creative SBS 580 (5.1) - Rs.3818/- in kolkata
*www.creative.com/products/product.asp?category=4&subcategory=25&product=14095

Creative Inspire 5200 (5.1) - Rs.3477/- in kolkata
*www.creative.com/products/product.asp?category=4&subcategory=25&product=55

Creative Inspire P5800 (5.1) - Rs.6031/- in kolkata
*www.creative.com/products/product.asp?category=4&subcategory=25&product=10596

shantanu

Technomancer
F n D are very nice 5.1 and they are Quite good as compared to Creative ...

no need of a external sound card but you must have on board... and if you want THX sound and dolby full effects then you can purchase a creative sound card (coz the speaker creates only virtual enviornment for dolby) and its THX

goobimama

 Macboy
Logitech Z-5300 should fit your budget if extended to 11k. They are THX certified though not DD or Prologic...

Never heard of F n D though...

Ch@0s

In the zone
Either Logitech Z5300 or Altec FX5051 if you can extend your budget to around 11 grand. With the latter you don't need a soundcard as it has USB input.

suave_guy

pedal to metal
altec lansing FX5051 wud be a gr8 buy but u might not get multichannel surround in direct3d games in USB mode but u can overcome that by using the analog connections while playing such games...

my vote goes to altec FX5051

ENJoy...

sam9s

The High 5 Flyer
Creative inspires sucks..seriously. Go for Logitech Z series or Altec FX5051. My personal choise ALTEC LANSING.

OP
saikibryan

saikibryan

Journeyman
i think i should follow da advise of chaos...since he's a audiophile...thanks guys....but wat is dis brand called????? F n D????? ne answer????

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom