static_x

In the zone
Hi,
I'm looking forward to buying a decent sound card & I'm confused between:

1. Creative x-fi Titanium Fatal1ty Pro:
*images.asia.creative.com/images/products/large/17791_1.png

&

2. ASUS Xonar Essence STX
*computershopper.com/var/ezwebin_site/storage/images/components/product-profile/asus-xonar-essence-stx/193337-2-eng-US/asus-xonar-essence-stx_large.jpg

The reviews on the net are like a 50-50 sorta thing...please help guys...

desiibond

Bond, Desi Bond!
hmm. I would pick STX.

better SnR
better connectivity (except for lack of S/PDIF in)
The best card to drive high quality headphones.

Do note that the analogue out only support stereo setup and if you want to connect 5.1 in the future, you need to get speakers that support optical input.

Also, heard that the Op-Amps on this card can be swapped for better quality if you can but that does void warranty and is dangerous to do unless you know what you are doing.

The Xonar Essence STX Q/A, tweaking, impressions thread - Head-Fi.org Community

Opamp changes on Xonar Essence STX - Overclock.net - Overclocking.net

vickybat

I am the night...I am...
Can anybody suggest an entry level soundcard. Is creative's soundblaster audigy 5.1 worth the price tag of 1k? Will there be a significant difference from onboard audio?

I have intel p55 board with realtek solution and have a creative sbs 5.1 560 speaker set along with sony mdr v150 supraaural headphones.

desiibond

Bond, Desi Bond!
Can anybody suggest an entry level soundcard. Is creative's soundblaster audigy 5.1 worth the price tag of 1k? Will there be a significant difference from onboard audio?

I have intel p55 board with realtek solution and have a creative sbs 5.1 560 speaker set along with sony mdr v150 supraaural headphones.

as long as you have those sbs speakers, stick to onboard audio.

vickybat

I am the night...I am...
Thanks desiibond.

I'm planning for the altec lansing octane7 2.1. Will then a soundcard like the audigy be necessary?

desiibond

Bond, Desi Bond!
Thanks desiibond.

I'm planning for the altec lansing octane7 2.1. Will then a soundcard like the audigy be necessary?

Nope. Octane7 is only for looks and in audio quality, it sucks :)

check AL VS4121 and VS2621, Inspire T3200 and for these an entry level soundcard will do good.

vickybat

I am the night...I am...
thanks a lot again desiibond. The al vs2621 looks better vfm at 1.9k. T3200 also has got some solid reviews but is a bit expensive at 3.8k. It also has a 5.1 model t6200 but at 6.7k.

So i have shortlisted vs2621 + audigy5.1. Is it a good combo?

desiibond

Bond, Desi Bond!
yes. it should be a good combo. btw, for 5.1, I don't think T6200 is that great. Check Logitech Z-506 instead.

OP
static_x

static_x

In the zone
guys..finally I've decided to buy ASUS Xonar Essence STX card and have placed my order to Lynx. Would like to thank desiibond for his valuable comments..will post the pics when it will arrive

Top Bottom