Which processor for my gaming build?

Status
Not open for further replies.

xbonez

NP : Crysis
I am planning to put together a gaming PC and I was all ready with the config etc. I had decided on an intel i7 920, and now all of a sudden I'm seeing reviews of AMD Phenom II X4 955 Black Edition 3.2GHz performing equally well, or even better in some cases. Also, both processors apparently OC equally. So, my question is, for a gaming build

AMD Phenom II X4 965 Black Edition Deneb 3.2GHz
OR
Intel Core i7 920 2.66 GHz

Last edited:

Krow

Crowman
^that's a typo at once place, 965 is 3.4GHz while 955 is 3.2. Well, I say that the AMD Phenom II X4 945 is the best bet if you are coming to the AMD stable. Most VFM @ just .2 GHz less. 3GHz.

sxyadii

Drifting in DIRT 2
Here is little information about AMD Phenom II X4 965 and Intel Core i7 920

*www.diffen.com/difference/AMD_Phenom_II_X4_965_vs_Intel_Core_i7-920

AMD Phenom II X4 945 and Intel Core i7 920

*www.diffen.com/difference/AMD_Phenom_II_X4_945_vs_Intel_Core_i7-920

desiibond

Bond, Desi Bond!
there are lot of trustworthy sites and you are looking at that crap site? :)

core i7 supports 32-bit environment . it's x86-64 processor which means that it is x86 processor with 64 bit register extensions.

otpsurvive

Broken In
I’d recommend the Phenom II X4 940 or higher compared to i5 or i7 simply because Intel’s sockets these days are too complicated. There are so many sockets out there which aren’t even compatible with each other, forget future compatibility. And AMD has always been giving the best VFM. Getting a 790FX Mobo with this will make a great combo.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom