Which Printer to Buy??

Status
Not open for further replies.

avleo20

Right off the assembly line
Hello Pals,

I want to gift a printer to my father. His usage is hardly 100 pages per month. Can you please suggest me some cheap and economic printer which is less in cost as well as I should not be worrying about the ink too.

I heard that in case of inkjet printers the ink can be dry and I have to change the cartridge, Is it? So do I need to go for Laserjet? What is the best option?

What is the minimum amount which I have to spent?

Waiting for your replies......

Thank in advance,
Anurag

icebags

Technomancer
if ur dad gets 100 pages per month .....i.e. at least a few pages every 3-4 days then ofc ur printer heads wont dry out.

once the ink finishes, you have to get new cartridges, or u may just refill them from an cartridge refilling store. HP printers are good for refilling caz the printer heads are on the cartridge itself than being a separate part in the printer. therefore u can just get an hp cartridge to refill 4-5 times before printing quality starts deteriorating or leaks on paper appears. then u can just get a new cartridge and everything will be back to new.
on the other hand EPSON printer comes with printing heads as a part of printer and the cartridge is nothing but a tank. it holds lots of ink - suitable for cheap refilling and tons of printing but if the printing head goes off (which is what happens more common cause of refilling), u hav to take out the head from printer and service it with spirit or may even hav to run to service centre for servicing.

all the above are for ink-jet printing .... those are good for home.

heres another tip: check if u can find a bluetooth printer. then the printer wont need to occupy the desk or its surrounding to clog with wires. printer can just reside IN another corner of ur dads room. :D

hp /epson priter prices come from 2800/2000 Rs range, u better read some reviews online on available models to check if they have paper jamming / stop working issues. these are sometimes common with cheaper printers.

Last edited:
OP
A

avleo20

Right off the assembly line
Hey thanks for your detailed reply. But how about laser printers? Problem is the area where parents are staying is a kind of rural area and they would not get a service center easily. and other than this they are going to be a novice computer users so I want something damn easy for them....

So if you consider this then what would be the best and ROUGH and TOUGH?????

---Anurag

icebags

Technomancer
laster printers are :

> Monochrome printer itself is expensive(>6k). Colour printers are even more expensive.
> Has a tray capacity of papers 100-150 or more.
> Prints FAST.
> Cartridge is expensive but can print tons of paper.
> Prints are more clear than ink jet, but for home text printing inkjets are already good.
> Ink prices are cheaper for a long run .... just ask the shop for this .... how many pages per cartridges.

however, with the power of refilling, u may make inkjets even more cheaper.

all basic printers are fairy basic .... u keep them plugged into ur comp, when u need to take print, power on the printer > press printer swith to make it online > give it paper and press print button in ur comp.

expensive printers have more features and the interface may get complex.

i can not tell the model nos of printers cause i m unaware of them. i just use the hp 2400D printer but think they don't sell it anymore.

its black cartridge probably costed ~600 2 yrs back and could print 200-250 pages. however u may refill the same for ~100.

+1 for dot matrix printers (Wipro), i baught 1 in 2001. printed 1k -1.5k pages when i was in college just from the first cartridge. next cartridge costed 120/-.
It nowadays just stays dusted under my table, cause i really dont need to print that much anymore, however still works properly. it got broken 1 or 2 times and took Rs. ~300-400/- each time to repair (the cost is much higher for inkjets and lasers).

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom