Which platform to play recent games

anaklusmos

Youngling
I just bought a PS4, and now I am confused which platform should I be playing some of the recent titles that I am yet to try out, including AC:Unity (no hate plz :p ) , Shadow of Mordor and FC:4.
Main points of concern are Graphics, performance(FPS) and price

My PC Specs :

Core i5-2500k
8GB RAM
Radeon 6970 2GB
Intel 520 Series 120GB SSD
Corsair TX850V2( Put this here just in case)

I am somewhat of a eye-candy nut, but gameplay does come before anything else. Also price is still somewhat a concern, but not so much as I will not be buying more than 1 game in a go.

iittopper

Wise Old Owl
Shadow of mordor and far cry 4 - PC , no 30fps lock , better texture and graphics
Ac unity - PS4 , play it then sell it .

Also i hope you already have played Driveclub , TLOU and Infamous SS . If not then get these exclusives . There is no single racing game on PC which look as good as Driveclub . Ditto for Infamous SS .

OP
A

anaklusmos

Youngling
Shadow of mordor and far cry 4 - PC , no 30fps lock , better texture and graphics
Ac unity - PS4 , play it then sell it .

Also i hope you already have played Driveclub , TLOU and Infamous SS . If not then get these exclusives . There is no single racing game on PC which look as good as Driveclub . Ditto for Infamous SS .

Will be getting the delivery for my PS4 sometime today, so no :p
Yeah they are on my list already, and thankfully I had PS Plus so atleast 1 game covered there.
BTW what's the cheapest way to get PS4 games ?

- - - Updated - - -

Your GPU is kinda weak for latest games. So with this setup PS4.

Like for all games? Bcoz even though I have not done much research, I'm feel my GPU should be able to outperform the PS4 in atleast some scenarios

iittopper

Wise Old Owl
Will be getting the delivery for my PS4 sometime today, so no :p
Yeah they are on my list already, and thankfully I had PS Plus so atleast 1 game covered there.
BTW what's the cheapest way to get PS4 games ?

- - - Updated - - -

Like for all games? Bcoz even though I have not done much research, I'm feel my GPU should be able to outperform the PS4 in atleast some scenarios

Buy second hand games from forum like Indianvideogamer . Play it , then sell it . In this way you pay around rs 500-1000 for a single ps4 game which is okay i guess .

$hadow

Geek in making
PS4 games are costly but the exclusive tittles always worth the money spent or every thong else I got a laptop :-D

OP
A

anaklusmos

Youngling
From what I read on the net, for both fc4 and shadow of mordor, the graphics quality on the ps4 is on par with high 1080p of desktop, with a stable 30 fps, and some graphic settings like HRAA and other post processing effects not there on pc

OP
A

anaklusmos

Youngling
And even though my card was not there in the benchmarks, similar performing cards got around 30-40 fps at high - very high settings but with other problems like shimmering of foliage etc, and not a very stable fps

quicky008

Technomancer
And even though my card was not there in the benchmarks, similar performing cards got around 30-40 fps at high - very high settings but with other problems like shimmering of foliage etc, and not a very stable fps
your card is good enough for playing most of the current games at high/med settings at 720p or 900p.

OP
A

anaklusmos

Youngling
So if I want to play at 1080p,then no PC? Frankly, I will rather not play a game than play it at 720p,unless there is some compelling reason for me to

quicky008

Technomancer
So if I want to play at 1080p,then no PC? Frankly, I will rather not play a game than play it at 720p,unless there is some compelling reason for me to

what is the native resolution of your display device?What i've said in my earlier post is a conservative estimation-i'm not suggesting that no new games will be playable on your pc at 1080p-most titles will surely work but you may have to tone down some the graphical settings in certain demanding games (eg AC Unity)in order to get decent frame rates at that resolution.

OP
A

anaklusmos

Youngling
what is the native resolution of your display device?What i've said in my earlier post is a conservative estimation-i'm not suggesting that no new games will be playable on your pc at 1080p-most titles will surely work but you may have to tone down some the graphical settings in certain demanding games (eg AC Unity)in order to get decent frame rates at that resolution.
I have a 1080p monitor

OP
A

anaklusmos

Youngling
If I had to order 1 game right now, which one would be the most fun to play on the PS4 - AC:Unity, Shadow of mordor, Last of us, or FC4 ?
I was feeling like getting something with third person action, like AC:unity probably, since it is cheaper than 2 of them, and my PC can probably not give a good enough experience on it anyways.

- - - Updated - - -

*www.pushsquare.com/news/2015/02/assassins_creed_unitys_ps4_price_has_been_cut_down_to_size_on_amazon
Worth it? This plus shadow of mordor going to cost me some 5.2k from amazon UK

- - - Updated - - -

Ordered Infamous SS for 1800 and Last of Us for 1621 from Ebay ( plus extra 3.5% cashback) . Seems like a pretty nice deal :)

Top Bottom