Which phone should i buy ?

megabull

Broken In
I saw a phone on eBay. I seem to like it. Its an expensive one, but is being sold by someone in Chennai at half its MRP. And its a new model. Is it suggestable to buy it? Or would you suggest me to purchase from a retailer in the real market.

Anyhow, am still unclear. My preferred budget is around 12-13k , though i can stretch it. I need a smartphone, preferably qwerty. Any suggestions for that plz. need to buy the phone ASAP since my old one has died

OP
M

megabull

Broken In
Am sorry, but no BB's. heard bad after-sales review from peers. Plus some users complain of bad integration of BBos and hardware.

Anything else ?

Ps: htc desire c/htc one v/se xperia go - out of these which would u suggest? Two are good but in 18k range, c is cheaper, but heard ram can be an issue. Am not much of a gamer, though am a hardcore user. what to do ??

OP
M

megabull

Broken In
Oh, thanks. mini pro sounds cool. But 2 questions

1) is it upgradable to ICS ?
2) IS this okay to use Angry Birds kinda appz ?? Since am a coder by profession, i'd love to make a program myself for my own phone.

achyutaghosh

Journeyman
Oh, thanks. mini pro sounds cool. But 2 questions

1) is it upgradable to ICS ?
2) IS this okay to use Angry Birds kinda appz ?? Since am a coder by profession, i'd love to make a program myself for my own phone.

ICS update for mini pro has been rolled out sometime in June i guess- though you might not get it out of the box
Am sure light to moderate gaming should not be an issue. I had the same hardware in a Neo V and it worked ok.

Am sorry, but no BB's. heard bad after-sales review from peers. Plus some users complain of bad integration of BBos and hardware.

Anything else ?

Ps: htc desire c/htc one v/se xperia go - out of these which would u suggest? Two are good but in 18k range, c is cheaper, but heard ram can be an issue. Am not much of a gamer, though am a hardcore user. what to do ??

I thought you preferred a Qwerty?

OP
M

megabull

Broken In
Yes, am more of a qwerty person. But there isn't anything in qwerty in offering in the markets. What can one do then.

And btw, i've zeroed on two phones. htc desire c and sony xperia tipo. Which one should i buy ? Specs for the both are similar, and price has a 3k difference. ps: am a first time Android buyer

rishabh_101

Right off the assembly line
Yes, am more of a qwerty person. But there isn't anything in qwerty in offering in the markets. What can one do then.

And btw, i've zeroed on two phones. htc desire c and sony xperia tipo. Which one should i buy ? Specs for the both are similar, and price has a 3k difference. ps: am a first time Android buyer

Sony tipo has sluggish performance and Htc desire C has only 600 Mhz processor which, I guess, will not give you best of ICS.

If you like QWERTY- go for Sony mini pro (it has adreno 205, which is a better graphic processor). Before buying any ICS Andy phone look for following things:

Processor: I suggest minimum 800 Mhz.
RAM: Minimum 512 MB
Internal Memory: Minimum 1 GB
Graphic Processor: Minimum Adreno 200 or SGX540
Camera: should have autofocus (led flash is a bonus).
Screen Resolution: Minimum 320 x 480 pixels

Look for sony miro/ sony xperia U/ Samsung Ace DUOS also.

Regards
Rishabh

Last edited:

aroraanant

Explorer
There are no good options if you want a qwerty android phone, the only option is Xperia Pro if you can find it.

Top Bottom