which pen drive to buy ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

dearkumar

Broken In
please provide me current prices of different pen drives .

i am looking for a pen drive . for me 'brand' is not an issue . but I want to but a pendrive which is of good quality . I mean which is reliable in storing data .

Also , looks is NOT an issue .

yes price is an issue for me . I want as cheap as possibe .

Space is also an issue . I am looking for as much sape as possible .

:evil:

tuxfan

Technomancer
Transcend. Don't buy V30, look for some high speed model like JF 168. Capacity will depend on your budget.

alsiladka

Noobie Pro
Kingston 2GB pendrives are available for less than Rs900 now.
I heard it is available for Rs 770, but not sure about it.

4Gb pendrives will cost you Rs1500.

As for the make, Kingston is better than Transcend. Now you can locate the computer peripheral dealers around you and ask for the rates are decide acc. to your preference.

Cool G5

Conversation Architect
If your budget is very shoestring get i-ball cutility pen drive.It is a little delicate,so you have to handle it carefully.

If you can spare around Rs.900~1000,you can easily get a 2GB Kingston Data traveler.It's performance is good.

Whatever you go for atleast look for a 1 GB model,don't go below that.

OP
D

dearkumar

Broken In
ok I am thinking of buying 2gb kingston .

well what are the maximum capacities for a pen drive ? do they come with 8gb / 12 gb also ?

I am looking for 4 gb ( more likely ) or at least 2 gb .

infra_red_dude

Wire muncher!
yes 8gb drives are available but considering the lower capacity ones the cost per GB is high for these.

except the transcend V30 series all other models are pretty fine. kingston data traveller is also a good option. another choice is the sandisk cruzer series. they are all priced in the same range. wud cruzer you haf a retracting usb connector and hence a cap for the connector is eliminated.

mumbaiite123

Right off the assembly line
Dude,
go for TOSHIBA pendrives !!
awesum looks, good value for money and u can get u3 for the price of a regular one!!
innovative softwares loaded!! i jus bought it recently on sugestion of a friend!! believe me its gr8 !!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom