Which one's better - Irda or Data Cable?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I recently bought a SE K300i and for interconnecting my pc to mobile i bought bf-120 usb to irda adapter.
After struggling for a WEEK i was able to install the drivers for the irda today.
Imagine my utter disappointment, when i found that the transfer rate was 9600 bps (abt 1.2 KB/s). This is really frustrating! :(
I spent Rs.350 on this thing only to get speeds that transfered my 283KB mp3 file(from pc to mobile) in 5 whole MINUTES!!!
Does this always Happen with Irda devices??On the product cover it is written " Compatible with FIR 4Mbps,MIR SIR and ASK 5Kbps". Can i get better speeds than what i get now??If so,pls help me out!!!
I also want to know what speeds do USB Data Cables offer(for eg dcu 11)??
Is it true that one can transfer data from only mobile to pc using data cables and NOT from PC to mobile???(Using irda i was able to do both type of transfers though).
Pls tell me which is a better buy??[/b]

drgrudge

Another Brick in the Wall
There was already a topic on this issue:
*www.thinkdigit.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=18710&highlight=i

Btw i prefer datacable over IRDa as we get stable speeds and not LOS issues and also reliableble and both almost costs the same.

mamba

In the zone
dude u cant have 2 threades in 2 seperate sections with the same content n topics

reporting 4 either 1 2 b locked

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom