Which one to take?

avichandana20000

Cyborg Agent
pls help my friend in choosing the best one:

1)Lenovo Essential G580 (59-358263) Laptop (3rd Gen Ci5/ 4GB/ 500GB/ DOS)-34k

2)HP Pavilion G6-2320TX Laptop (3rd Gen Ci5/ 4GB/ 1TB/ Win8/ 1GB Graph)-40490/-

3)DELL INSPIRON 5520-V560115TH-Intel Core i5-3212QM /4 GB /1TB HDD/ 15 , 6" LED
-38000/-

4)Dell Inspiron 15 (3521) - 3rd Gen i5-3337U,Windows 8,4GB RAM,1TB HDD,2GB AMD-41490/-

dashing.sujay

Moving
Staff member
Go with either first or third. If OS is a requirement then third, or first.

G6 has got real bad screen.

Don't opt for U series of CPUs, they're ULV processors and will hamper multitasking.

dashing.sujay

Moving
Staff member
Obviously Dell's. But Dell's battery go kaput very soon and it's keyboard design is a curse for fast typers. Apart from that it's fine.

rohitshubham

Ambassador of Buzz
even i am confused between the 2nd and 4th...so whose performance will be superior overall..coz dell's got a better gpu but hp's got better cpu....

G6 has got real bad screen.
are you sure about that???? i mean what kind of fault is in the screen and if possible give me a link......
moreover i have also heard that g6 produce lot of heat. i.e. much more than the dell(3521) counterpart... is it true???

SunE

Professional Newbie
Samsung NP370R5E-S05IN Notebook ( Intel Core i5-3230M/6 GB/1 TB HDD/ Win8/ 2 GB Graphics-AMD-8750M /15.6 Inch) - Buy Online @ Best Price | Snapdeal.com

A much better option at the price range.

rohitshubham

Ambassador of Buzz
Samsung NP370R5E-S05IN Notebook ( Intel Core i5-3230M/6 GB/1 TB HDD/ Win8/ 2 GB Graphics-AMD-8750M /15.6 Inch) - Buy Online @ Best Price | Snapdeal.com

A much better option at the price range.
it has only a 3 cell battery... dont you think that it will give a low runtime

SunE

Professional Newbie
It will give around 3-4 hours which is acceptable for me considering the price-performance thingy and VFM.

rohitshubham

Ambassador of Buzz
It will give around 3-4 hours which is acceptable for me considering the price-performance thingy and VFM.
yup the laptop is too good ... i mean there is no competition in the price range but the only downside is the battery :( .... wonder what's its price in the local market coz the samsung website says it's of 48k and snapdeal is giving it way too cheap which is fishy

dashing.sujay

Moving
Staff member
even i am confused between the 2nd and 4th...so whose performance will be superior overall..coz dell's got a better gpu but hp's got better cpu....

How is the CPU better ? OP has written it wrong. There's no 3212XX in i5 line up, or I should say there's no Quad core model in i5.

are you sure about that???? i mean what kind of fault is in the screen and if possible give me a link......
moreover i have also heard that g6 produce lot of heat. i.e. much more than the dell(3521) counterpart... is it true???

There's no heating, but yeah, screen is not good. The viewing angle is very bad and blacks are like brown. Pavillion series had a very good display.

yup the laptop is too good ... i mean there is no competition in the price range but the only downside is the battery :( .... wonder what's its price in the local market coz the samsung website says it's of 48k and snapdeal is giving it way too cheap which is fishy

43-44k. (44k in Samsung Exclusive store, without bargain)

rohitshubham

Ambassador of Buzz
How is the CPU better ? OP has written it wrong. There's no 3212XX in i5 line up, or I should say there's no Quad core model in i5.
hp's got a 2.6 GHz i5 3230 processor with turbo boost of 3.2 GHz , but dell has an i5 3337u processor of 1.8 GHz with TB of 2.7 GHz. so naturally it will have a better a better performance

OP
avichandana20000

avichandana20000

Cyborg Agent
my friend has filled up the following. Now i think it will be easier for all to suggest perfectly

1) What is your budget?

The budget of my laptop is from Rs34000- Rs43000. Rs 34000 for machines with 500GB hard disc and Rs430000at max for machines with 1 TB hard disc.

2) What size & weight consideration (if any) would you prefer?

The screen size preferred is 15'"-16"" of mainstream range if comes within budget.The weight consideration as light as possible so that it can be carried away easily preferably between 3-4 pounds.

3) Are there any brands that you prefer or any you really don't like?
a. Like:
b. Dislike: No Particular brand but preferentially Lenovo as I have used Lenovo 3000 C 100 notebook successfully without complaint for 8 years.But specification matters most with models having good service center facilities.

4) What are the primary tasks will you be performing with this ?

Mainly data processing, coding, slide designing, molecular viewing, movie watching,listening to songs and fast browsing, a little gaming may be.

5) What screen resolution(s) & type (glossy/matte) would you prefer?
Screen resolution 1366*768 if even better reolution possible in my price range.

6) Anything else you would like to say? (eg: local purchase, ASS,matte/glossy finish)

Any purchase that gives good value for money. Preferably glossy finish with black, brown or blue body. Now in every recent machine windows 8 remains preloaded which increases the price I will prefer DOS encoding with windows7 and possibly dual booting with interface for linux and windows plus over or about 1 mega pixel camera with very good probably digital dolby sound acoustics and HD video watching facility. I am furnishing the required information

inform me if you require some more information in this regard. Thanking you,

Top Bottom