which one to choose - AMD phenom ii x4 or intel i5 quadcore

kadirmkarthik

Broken In
hi everyone,
interested in buying assembled pc. thought of AMD above model coz i will do little gaming(not a hardcore), multimedia n gonna surf the net continuously for a longtime. when contacted a pc sales expert advised me to opt out AMD bcoz in future,after motherboard warranty expires,will be having difficulty in picking right motherboard for the same AMD processor and also it heats up so much on continuous usage. but what i thought was to go for a quadcore which is cheaper in AMD. i also checked benchmarks in some site and performance to cost ratio which shows major difference between AMD and Intel.i am confused and needs clarification. please clarify me by providing status of usage and support of these two brands in india(chennai),.
i consider your suggestions valuable and final.

The Sorcerer

oh wow...Xenforo!!!
You know why they call them sales "expert". Because they are expert in selling the stuff where they earn more profit.

You will have to mention your budget. Remember one thing, make sure you buy a good enough processor and a good motherboard (that heat dialogue is a cliche from salesmen since ages). People end up getting those good processors but sad boards like jetway and from companies who don't really have any standard in quality that eventually they die after 3 months. To add more, there's a pc build template and its stickied for a reason :). For your good, its best to fill that up.

vwad

In the zone
^^^ is perfectly right. May I add to please post in this section ?

PC Components / Configurations - Digit Technology Discussion Forum - Tech Discussion Forums in India

OP
K

kadirmkarthik

Broken In
thank you so much for your information guys, can you suggest configuration for me, my budget is 40000 Rs. as i have told before my computer will be running continuously for a longtime, will be watching movies, music listening, medium gaming. pl reply.

Top Bottom