Which of these games would run on a 512kbps connection

cute.bandar

Cyborg Agent
I found a list of free multiplayer games

Can someone tell me which of these games would run smoothly on a 512kbps connection

Thanks

vamsi_krishna

Human Spambot
512Kbps is more than enough for any kind of online gaming(Incl. text and voice chat).

The thing that matters is, Pings. Check your pings.. then, you are good to go.

OP
cute.bandar

cute.bandar

Cyborg Agent
Thanks , I didn't know that .
my ping times to google -
Reply from 209.85.153.104: bytes=32 time=45ms TTL=52
Reply from 209.85.153.104: bytes=32 time=50ms TTL=52
Reply from 209.85.153.104: bytes=32 time=82ms TTL=52
Reply from 209.85.153.104: bytes=32 time=46ms TTL=52
are they ok ?

bippukt

In the zone
If you are going to play on servers outside of India, then please note that some game servers automatically give preference to gamers who are 'geographically close'. This they determine by your IP.

So, you could get a ping of, say, 150 to servers from US using Pingtest.net, but in-game get pings of 300 or even 500. There is no substitute to actually playing and seeing how good/bad the ping is.

vamsi_krishna

Human Spambot
But we can relatively estimate the pings with game servers with the pings test results of the servers from the same region.

gagan007

Uhu, Not Gonna Happen!
because of the same issue we (my friends and I) prefer to have a game server of our own. Fortunately we have a guy with 4Mbps line which is good enough to support 3-4 players joining in. We have successfully played:

Urban Terror
Counter Strike
NFS
Rise of Nations
NFS:MW

among few others...

ajai5777

Youngling
I have hosted FIFA 11 6 players (3 v 3) in gameranger with 512kbps.It was really smooth.I have BSNL and I have played many games online.Ping is really good with indian servers and some other nearby countries.I have played NFS MW,NFS SHIFT,GRID,NFS WORLD ONLINE and FIFAs 08,09,10 n 11.But never tried any FPS like COD MW or CS etc..

bippukt

In the zone
But we can relatively estimate the pings with game servers with the pings test results of the servers from the same region.

That depends on the particular game servers. If they give preference to geographically closer gamers, then you won't get a decent ping without using some kind of VPN. Otherwise, it should be the same.

There is also the two other things which can be done:

- SSH tunneling...will probably not be free
- Changing the settings of your network. If someone desires it, I will post that fix here. It will significantly reduce pings but decrease the efficiency of your network and slightly increase your upload size.

Top Bottom