Which netbook to go for?

RiGOD

SoLa BeLLaToR...
1) What is your budget? (INR or USD)

Rs.15000

2) What size & weight consideration (if any) would you prefer?

Netbook; 11" - 10” screen or less

3) Are there any brands that you prefer or any you really don't like?

a. Like: Asus Eee PC 1015CX
b. Dislike: No

4) What are the primary tasks will you be performing with this notebook?

STAAD Pro, AutoCAD, MS Word, Powerpoint, Excel and watching movies. No gaming.

5) What screen resolution(s) & type (glossy/matte) would you prefer?

Doesn't matter.

6) Anything else you would like to say? (eg: local purchase, ASS,matte/glossy finish)

I'm planning to buy Asus Eee PC 1015CX, is it good enough for my purpose? Open to suggestions.

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
i am not sure about STAAD but AutoCAD on an atom processor? it can very easily turn out to be a test of your patience.

OP
RiGOD

RiGOD

SoLa BeLLaToR...
@sam : The major purpose is heavy document editing and powerpoint presentations. AutoCAD use will be very limited to viewing the drawings or making minor editings, that too in the 2004/2007 version. STAAD Pro is just optional, I'll be using my desktop for complex analysis.

@$hadow : I dont think that's necessary mate :)

Hrishi

@sam : The major purpose is heavy document editing and powerpoint presentations. AutoCAD use will be very limited to viewing the drawings or making minor editings, that too in the 2004/2007 version. STAAD Pro is just optional, I'll be using my desktop for complex analysis.

I think it will still lag with heavy document editing and powerpoint presentation.
I think the processor has a TDP of 3.5W , and is designed for power saving.

Last edited:
OP
RiGOD

RiGOD

SoLa BeLLaToR...
So there isn't any netbook out there (in this price range) that can handle word and powerpoint without lag?

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
So there isn't any netbook out there (in this price range) that can handle word and powerpoint without lag?

i have used 2 atom powered netbooks. with windows 7, it lagged like hell. it belonged to my uncle. can't say if it was because of virus. and another belonged to my classmate. it worked with Windows XP. no hang even with a few applications open at the same time.

if you can increase your budget by 5k and get a full fledged laptop. it'll weight more but won't hang or lag. and you can also try out autocad without making your laptop coming to a stand still.

OP
RiGOD

RiGOD

SoLa BeLLaToR...
So at 20k the processor options are APU dual core and Pentium dual core. Kindly suggest some models so that I can compare them and decide which one to buy.

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
at 20k, most if not all APUs are AMD E-300 which is weak. On the other hand if you go for PDC based system you'll get laptop having B950-970

Fujitsu Lifebook LH532. at 2kg, this is the light for a laptop and then you have a sub 20k pricetag with spec like 3 USB 3.0 slots, 500GB HDD, and a moderate fast PDC processor. don't expect good build quality or a long battery life but at this price, this is unbeatable spec.

Samsung RV513-A02IN. only if you want a slightly longer battery life.

Lenovo Ideapad S206. if you want a netbook that can multitask without breaking the bank.

Top Bottom