Which Musical Instrument Shoud Learn To Play?

Whhich One?

• Acoustic Guitar

Votes: 5 35.7%
  • Electric Guitar

Votes: 4 28.6%
  • Electric Bass

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Drums

Votes: 1 7.1%
  • Keyboard/Synthesizer

• Tabla

• Harmonium

• Violin

• Flute

Votes: 2 14.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

aditya1987

Extheist
Hi friends!

I am planning to learn to play a musical instrument, so suggest me which one should I go for?

Here I have short listed o few...

So please help me to choose the best one...

Last edited:

chicha

High without substance...
i want to learn violin. some one told me if you know how to play one of these you can easily learn the rest.

jatt

In the zone
I would like to learn harmonium and tabla and violin and i m learning at my home these things now

Chirag

Cyborg Agent
Its not about being cool. Hope you guys stop caring about what others think, or atleast care but not much. Learn what you like or want to or feel like. I like violin. I learnt guitar for a 10 days and then hostel. Now will continue in vacations. Want to learn drums and violin.

alexanderthegreat

Overlord v2.0
I'd say try the flute! Doesn't have a cool factor, but then if you're learning to play to impress people, you'd better not learn anything at all since you won't be able to concentrate!
The flute is a really sweet instrument(I haven't tasted it, It's just a way of saying things!)
Next up, try the santoor too! Its nice! Really tends to ease off all the tension! But I see you don't have it in your list.
I'd also prefer the tabla!

violin is very very tough to learn afaik,but totally worth it.SO is saxophone.
+1
Go for guitar dude.. Knowing guitar puts you in uber cool ppl..
Its not about being cool. Its ultimately about what you want and what you are comfortable with. I know tons of people who decided to pick a guitar to get chicks and to emulate Rock On :)lol: ), and due to this fad that guitar is cool and others are lame. They all ended up in giving up the instrument altogether.
Then again, if you are damn serious, and are willing to learn solely for the purpose of learning, then there is no reason for not going ahead with it. (this applies for all instruments)
So first, decide what you are really keen on learning and shortlist them. Then make a clear decision on what you ultimately want to learn first. (you can learn to play more instruments later :wink: )
Get back to us with your options then. :)

OP
aditya1987

aditya1987

Extheist
I like the sound of electric guitar played by kirk hammett. Especially the heavy riffs. I think the heavy riffs are produced form the upper strings of the guitar. Am I right?

Last edited:

chicha

*www.thinkdigit.com/forum/image.php?u=8255&dateline=1202237750

:D

Nice Image ;)
thank you. :D got it off some site and lost the bookmark.
+10000 for all the ppl who said its not about show off

i have a theory that ppl who learn stuff for being cool are posers. no offense to any one here.
playing a musical instrument requires lots of dedication and concentration and patience.
and these qualities are present when you want to learn something from your heart. so take the cool factor out and learn of the sake of music for your self. you do not have to impress anyone with your skills.

thank you. :D got it off some site and lost the bookmark.
+10000 for all the ppl who said its not about show off

i have a theory that ppl who learn stuff for being cool are posers. no offense to any one here.
playing a musical instrument requires lots of dedication and concentration and patience.
and these qualities are present when you want to learn something from your heart. so take the cool factor out and learn of the sake of music for your self. you do not have to impress anyone with your skills.
I know. Thats exactly what I said on my post :rolleyes:

chicha

playing a instrument gives you a new level of high and self confidence and peace. every one can listen to music but its the ppl who play enjoy the most.

cyberjunkie

Journeyman
You choose to learn and explore something because you have an interest in it. The whole idea of asking others to make that choice for you seems very strange to me. Try and figure out what genres of music you listen to the most. Figure out for yourself what you want to learn. Don't go by what's easy and what's not.

rahul_rks

Broken In
Even i am playing guitar since 4-5 months. If you have interest in playing guitar then go for it but it requires lot of time and patience to achieve mastery in playing it.

OP
aditya1987

aditya1987

Extheist
Thanks for all your suggestions guys!:p

After a lot of thinking I have decided to learn to play electric guitar.

But I have a question, which brand of guitar should I buy , Gibson, Esp or Jackson.:confused:

Last edited:
OP
aditya1987

aditya1987

Extheist
Thanks for all your suggestions guys!:p

After a lot of thinking I have decided to learn to play electric guitar.

But I have a question, which brand of guitar should I buy , Gibson, Esp or Jackson.:confused:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom