Which Multimedia Linux

Status
Not open for further replies.
F

FilledVoid

1. the best UI
Regardless of what distro you have . Most distros allow you to install eye candy to your hearts content. Since you have already started downloading something you could continue with it and you'll be fine .

2. Loads of video and audio player options..features..codec packed...
If you have a food internet connection then you can download the necessary codecs ro packages required to play a majority of the formats out there.

3. Internet Browing should work with cable modems or BSNL
if you have a Ethernet router or something that plugs into your ethernet port you'll be fine and have a hassle free experience. [/quote]

4. Development ofcourse VC++, C#.net..if possible
You can refer to Mono here *www.mono-project.com/Main_Page .

5. should work with my canon ip1000 printer and if possible my bluetooth dongle which is a widcomm software having broadcom chip.
I have a cannon ip1000 and Im not sure what I did on Ubuntu but it did work. I believe I had to download or install the drivers for a certain other printer tog et it to work. As for the dongle . I have an el cheapo dongle and it works fine. [/quote]

If anyone can provide the discs i will be happy very much.
If you finished downloading them I don;t think you will need the discs anymore but if you live in Kerala let me know or contact Prakash. Otherwise just request in the thread above.

According to distro watch the most popular multimedia distro's are;
(note: this is list of popularity on distrowatch and is not nessesarily a measure of it's quality)

1. GeeXboX
2. MoviX
3. dyne:bolic
4. AGNULA
5. Mediainlinux
is it true? are these still active projects? good enuff? bug free??
The above distros are media oriented and are mainly used for that purpose. You are better off installing any distro and then just installing some media software like MythTv or XawTv etc.

Linux Mint is generally installed to revive old systems (Saying this after it revived my PIII System )
If his system config is not more than a year old, then Ubuntu is most recommended (as it's pretty nippy on new systems and can also give you good eye candy )

Mint is no way for an "old system" it use pretty much the same resources Ubuntu unless a bit lower or more. I would have recommended Mint or Sabayon over Ubuntu due to the mere fact that you dont have to go through the hassle of installing anything to get it to work .

By the way MythTV is a bit complicated to configure so make sure you take your time with it and not just remove it right after you see the wizard.

OP
m-jeri

m-jeri

Caballero de Real Madrid
i need you guys help on a thread in the software trouble shooting...please help..URGENT

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom