which motherboard should i buy?

Skud

Super Moderator
Staff member
Man, everybody tells CM Extreme series are bad, but I have used one 600W for 2 years with my current setup except with a HD4850 without any issues. I even OCed my CPU to 3.4 GHz and run it for a couple of months without any issues. Currently the SMPS is powering my friend's Core 2 Quad E8300 along with the HD4850 without any problem. So how bad it is?

But yes, even I would recommend people to buy a Corsair. No idea about FSP and other brands. Seasonic must be good though.

manujohn

Journeyman
If you are not going to add more RAM in future and your motherboard has 4 slots then get 2 sticks of 2GB DDR3 and run it in dual channel. Notable performance difference is there with 1 stick of 4GB RAM running in single channel as the dual channel 2x2GB sticks performs more...
But as d3p5kor suggested a 4GB stick is preferred when you have only two DIMM slots.

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
Man, everybody tells CM Extreme series are bad, but I have used one 600W for 2 years with my current setup except with a HD4850 without any issues. I even OCed my CPU to 3.4 GHz and run it for a couple of months without any issues. Currently the SMPS is powering my friend's Core 2 Quad E8300 along with the HD4850 without any problem. So how bad it is?

Cooler Master doesn't makes bomb. so don't expect all to go boom. just that Extreme Power uses really cheap component & so fails to deliver even 75% of its rated power. so some may survive but its not suggested for a new PC/upgrade as the chances it'll go bad is really high.

Skud

Super Moderator
Staff member
Cooler Master doesn't makes bomb. so don't expect all to go boom. just that Extreme Power uses really cheap component & so fails to deliver even 75% of its rated power. so some may survive but its not suggested for a new PC/upgrade as the chances it'll go bad is really high.

Actually the box states 70% efficiency guaranteed. So its even lower than what you say.

Cilus

laborare est orare
Even I've seen a CM Extreme 600W to power a C2Q600 and GTX 285 for 2 years without any problem. But that does not mean the PSU is better than others. The components used is of not up to the marks and the PSu can't handle extreme conditions like high voltage ripple or current flow.

So better avoid it.

Skud

Super Moderator
Staff member
Even the GX series suffer from ripple problems and not a good buy.

Anush

Sandy Bridge User :)
As quoted my configurations in post #12 buying an Asus H67 motherboard is better or an Intel DH67BL ?

Last edited:

rajan1311

Padawan
Thanks Manujohn.
Will a 400 W PSU be sufficient for HD5570 and HD5670 Graphic cards?

get a HD 6670, costs Rs500 more than a HD 5670 but you get better performance and even lower power consumption. Your normal PSU might be able to handle it, but I would recommend you get a FSP Saga II 350W PSU for Rs1500 when you get the money.

Also, i recently got a Gigabyte MA78LMT-S2, good board with all features, get it if you on a really low budget....you can get it for Rs2700 incl tax.

OP
R

rahulvyas

Broken In
for gaming if i am using a graphics card 9400gt ,i wont need integrated graphics? right?
so this will be a better choice:870 chipset(AMD)?
which mobo is best among them:
M4A87T
ASUS M4A87TD/USB3
GA-870A-USB3
GA-870A-UD3
870U-G55
870-G45
870A-G54

OP
R

rahulvyas

Broken In
do u think that i should order this from amazon as it is much cheaper please guide me

Amazon.com: Corsair XMS3 4 GB 1333MHz PC3-10666 240-pin DDR3 Memory Kit for Intel Core i3 i5 i7 and AMD CMX4GX3M1A1333C9: Electronics
and
Gigabyte Socket AM3/AMD 880G/Hybrid CrossFireX/SATA3&USB3.0/A&V&GbE/ATX Motherboard GA-880GA-UD3H

are these things compatible with:
amd phenom ii x2 550 and each other?

rajan1311

Padawan
dude the prices are almost the same....You get 2GB for Rs1100...also, none of these upgrades will help your gaming..

Top Bottom