Which Motherboard should i buy ? P67 or Z68

esudip

Overclocker @ 4.8 Ghz
Hello Guyz,

I am going to purchase a new motherboard for an intel i5 2500K Processor. I am about to purchase HD 6970 Graphics Card.

So please suggest me which motherboard should i buy ?

I am confused in

Asus P8P67
and
Asus P8Z68-V
and
Asus P8Z68-V Pro

d6bmg

BMG ftw!!
P67, for its lower price.
If you are going to use SSD caching then Z68 mobo, preferably P8Z68 V PRO.

OP
esudip

esudip

Overclocker @ 4.8 Ghz
Most of the features are same, P67 still is considered as a better OCing board. People have reached higher clock value with P67. Z68 as I said does OC but its mostly bought coz of its on board graphics support and the ability to quick sync between onboard gpu and discreet gpu.
Also z68 GPU would use the internal memory. plus z68 cache is also shared between CPU and GPU. That is why a P67+dedicated GPU is preferred rather then Z68 with onboard GPU. (Unless you wont game and would just use the machine for Movie watching and/or casual gaming)
There are other specific advantages of Z68. which most of us wont use, like SSD caching, able to use Dual Display (with IGP + Discreet GPU), etc etc. But for pure gaming and OCing I will still suggest P67.

Yes I will use a high end Graphics card Readon HD 6970 for this.
I am planing to buy the motherboard with Intel i5 2500K processor for Hardcore Gaming Only and i am going to overclock this for 4.5 Ghz.
I want to know that the Intel sync technology and VIRTU technology is beneficial with this card if i purchase P8Z68 motherboard ?
It will decrease the performance or it will increase ??

the cost difference is of Rs 2000/-

If the Virtu and Sync Technology is useless I will go to P8Z67

from where you are buying? Pune it self or from other location

Looking in Pune, But I dont this this motherboard is available here.
and if available then the cost will be high
so I planned to buy it from Lamington road Mumbai :wink:

mithun_mrg

Cyborg Agent
here r the reviews

HARDOCP - Lucid Virtu - ASUS P8Z68-V Pro Z68 Chipset Motherboard Review
Lucidlogix Virtu, Revisited : Intel Z68 Express Chipset Preview: SSD Caching And Quick Sync
Lucid Virtu and Intel Quick Sync: Pairing GPUs - HotHardware

Sarath

iDota
Z68 has SSD caching, Virtu and ability to use both integrated and dedicated gfx (this is overly simplified in my writing).

If you check my siggy below you will see my i5 and HD6970 with a similar mobo problem on page 3-4. Check that discussion, might help.

I have a P67 but that was because I didn't want to wait another week for Z68 since I don't need the extra features. But Z68 is the latest. Honestly go for one which is priced lower. The extra price is for features you might never use.

Check "HD 6970" below in siggy and go to page 3 or 4

sukesh1090

Adam young
^^ ahhh i don't know why intel launch that much of chipset,just confusion.. confusion hell lot of confusion.

Sarath

iDota
It does bring in a lot of features. And you must have realised that the proc comes with integrated gfx that can only be used either with H67 and Z68(+OC).
But a lot of people have not much use for the added features.

Cilus

laborare est orare
In my opinion Z68 is the way to go. There is no such cases as per the reviews that premium Z68 mobos have less overclocking potential than P67 mobos, The 2nd thing is Lucid Virtue Logic support for dynamic switching among the IGP and the discrete Gfx card as per the application need and the 3rd one is SSD caching. HEre without buying a premium SSD, just a small size SSD like 30GB can increase the performance by 4 times of HDD read/write speed.

Tenida

Gadget Freak
Advantage of Z68 over P67 chipset
1) The ability to overclock the graphics core in the Sandy Bridge CPU.
2) An Identity Protection Technology feature that essentially integrates a hardware token in to the PC.
3) Support for switching graphics between a discrete GPU and the integrated
4) SSD caching that greatly improves the responsiveness of a system.
5)Z68=Features of H67+P67

OP
esudip

esudip

Overclocker @ 4.8 Ghz
I think I have to go for Z68 Motherboard........

But I am feared that the Graphics switching technology will decrease my Graphical Performance :?

And for Overclocking Z68 looks good :-|

Tenida

Gadget Freak
I think I have to go for Z68 Motherboard........

But I am feared that the Graphics switching technology will decrease my Graphical Performance :?

And for Overclocking Z68 looks good :-|

No, it will not decrease the performance.

Sarath

iDota
I will second this approach, the extra price is not must justified. SSD caching is not something that will increase the performance 4 times ...... Just because Z68 came after other chip-sets, labeling it "latest" does not make P67/H67 obsolete ...... one should know the requirements and invest, and not always follow the "latest" path .....

OCing is very very hardware dependent. Even with same make and model you have different result. Will try to find the results if I can, since its been ages I researched on OCing sandybridges,(when I bought my i7) but I personally was able to OC my P67 better than my friends Z68 with same ram make. model and frequency .......

Rest is your take.

I think you quoted the wrong post.

SantoshSharma

Right off the assembly line
Best WorkStation Configuration

Hi,

I am looking for a workstation to run memory intensive applications. I am not looking at it for using as a gaming PC. Please advise

regards
Santosh

Top Bottom