which monitor to choose?

nickreynold

Journeyman
Hello,
After deciding to buy my new PC, I want to know which monitor would be good and cost effective? I want to have a 22 inch Full HD monitor with HDMI port since I am planning to add on a GPU. I have decided to go for Samsung but someone said about Dell or AOC as these are normal brands available here. My budget is 9k. Also what about the service? Does anyone one know how good they are? All of them do say 3 yrs onsite. Thanks a lot.

OP
N

nickreynold

Journeyman
Thanks a lot. By the way, if I will use this monitor with my GPU i.e HD 7790, which HDMI cable should I use,? I mean is it male to male? So sorry for asking. Another question though. Is win 7 better for gaming? As the GPU drivers are for win 7 only(checked on Asus site), I do not think it will on the driver CD for win XP SP2. Thanks

Last edited:

ankush28

Bazinga
Thanks a lot. By the way, if I will use this monitor with my GPU i.e HD 7790, which HDMI cable should I use,? I mean is it male to male? So sorry for asking. Another question though. Is win 7 better for gaming? As the GPU drivers are for win 7 only(checked on Asus site), I do not think it will on the driver CD for win XP SP2. Thanks

s22040l gets +1
didnt get 1st question normaly hdmi cables with both male are used!!
use windows 7 for better support XP is older now.

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member

ditch Xp and always get gpu driver from the primary manufacturer's site which is AMD for your gfx card .. they always have updated drivers.

OP
N

nickreynold

Journeyman
Thanks a lot to all. I think I will go for Dell after you have suggested. It also give 3 years on site. So, I think I need not worry about it. I just have to see the model.As per HDMI cable question, sorry I was confused because I have never seen or used any HDMI cable. On websites I I have been seeing cables like Micro, Mini, Micro to mini(one big and one small end) etc. That is why I was confused.

OP
N

nickreynold

Journeyman
Thanks for the info. The dealer here said, prices are going to be increased from Monday. I will be buying from my local dealer. The desired model is not there. So, I will have another brand.I think the price difference will be there, as there are many shops here but not everyone aware of what they are selling and buying.

ankush28

Bazinga
Dell s2240L max @ 9.5k still no other brand can beat it as it is IPS panel that you will not find in that price range.

Dell S2240L 21.5 inch LED Monitor - Buy @ Rs./- Online | Snapdeal.com

snapdeal offerin just for 8.8 so if you dont find locally grab it
flipkart 9.3k

confuse

Broken In
Yesterday...i bought Dell S2240L 21.5 inch LED Backlit LCD Monitor(IPS Panel) in 8550/- coz i am regular customer... but u can get it in 8800/-..

its awesome...every1 at home loves it...

Pune

OP
N

nickreynold

Journeyman
Thanks a lot friends. I will surely update you about the buy. By the way, since my old computer has a 15 inch screen, two samsung ads are really blocking my view on both ends. I can not get rid of them.

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
^ post the issue related to ads in here : ( use chome browser if possible )
*www.thinkdigit.com/forum/feedback/161164-tdf-upgraded-post-bugs-here-please.html

@ confuse - congrats ;-)

Top Bottom