Which mobile operator to choose in Kolkata?

hotshot05

I luv Digit
Have been using Airtel for the last 4 years.
Had used Docomo for 4-5 months this year but switched back to Airtel since Docomo reception is a bit patchy in my college. And their GPRS was slow.

Now with the 100sms/day rule being compulsorily implemented from 27th September, looking for something with low cost SMS and GPRS.
Paying Rs.80 for 100sms/day is a total waste of money :mad: . But love Airtel GPRS. None has such fast speeds. :clap:

Is Reliance GSM any good? Do they have good network coverage? And anyone know how good is their GPRS?

Otherwise will move back to Docomo(Will have to live with their patchy coverage when inside college though)

Alok

Adventurer
I use Airtel for internet. Streams youtube without hiccups:-D

vodafone also streams very fast but browsing is below Airtel.

So Airtel is best . And for SMS use some online message service, no need for message pack if you have internet.

lll_aritra_lll

A siLLy mIllImEtEr loNGer
I am not sure just had a tip from a friend. BSNL offers night unlimited, daily 2 gb download plan with low cost.. confirm if u can.. I have bsnl connection but dont know its cust care no :p

OP
H

hotshot05

I luv Digit
@aritra You using BSNL?
Can you tell me about the message cards that are available for BSNL?

Anyone knows where to get latest info about the various SMS packs, call packs, GPRS packs available for BSNL? Any online source?
All these info are strewn haphazardly across the BSNL Kolkata site in various news updates. The site is a nightmare to obtain info from.

OP
H

hotshot05

I luv Digit
yeah.. sure. the msg card is pretty good

rs 25/- 1500 rs msg balance valid for 1.5 months
per msg 0.80 rs

Do they still have this offer? Could not find this offer anywhere.
Read in telecomtalk.info that the price of the msg card has been increased to Rs.52 and it has only 2000 local sms + 500 national sms

lll_aritra_lll

A siLLy mIllImEtEr loNGer
Rs 32 now.. 2k local and 1k national sms 30 days validity

and bsnl 2g plan is rs 51/- 300 mb in day 2 gb in night 30 days validity
98/- 3gb 1 month validity
there are some higher offer

Top Bottom